PDA

View Full Version : Button moves to Williams BMW!

Simby
08-06-2004, 01:17 PM
Wow, a shocking move I must say. Good move for Williams. A total slap in the face for Honda.

audiophilia
08-06-2004, 01:36 PM
Not so fast... (http://www.formula1.com/news/2010.html)

///MAC
08-06-2004, 02:13 PM
its just a buch of BS right now, nothing has happened, go to www.itv-f1.com for more info

takeshi
08-06-2004, 03:22 PM
it would be nice if button went to bmw. I never liked BAR, dave richards is scum for kicking out villeneuve and they have to be playing favorites... Button's car is fine but takuma sato always has engine failures. I know it doesn't make sense since he's japanese, but how can only 1 car experience problems all the time even if the engine is replaced and identical. I'd like it even more if villeneuve came back to williams, I'm positive he still has the potential to win. His first race in 96 qualified pole, finished 2nd. Finished 2nd that year, next year won the championship. That can't be beginner's luck!

98323IS
08-06-2004, 03:52 PM
I agree with you! Maybe somebody will pick him up?

STALKER
08-06-2004, 09:02 PM
There driving styles are different and put different stresses/loads on their engines, thats why Sato keep blowing. Button is a fool to move now, but I kinda hope he does because Mika might be taking his seat at BAR and I would love to see him battle Shumi again but this time in a BAR.

BMWF1
08-06-2004, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by STALKER
There driving styles are different and put different stresses/loads on their engines, thats why Sato keep blowing. Button is a fool to move now, but I kinda hope he does because Mika might be taking his seat at BAR and I would love to see him battle Shumi again but this time in a BAR. \

Mika?? if you are referring to Mika Hakkinen you are an idiot and should stop posting

munichman
08-06-2004, 11:19 PM
^hahaha werd, button going to williams would be nice but mark webber wants a team mate that he can beat, better call up coulthard lmao

takeshi
08-07-2004, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by STALKER
There driving styles are different and put different stresses/loads on their engines, thats why Sato keep blowing. Button is a fool to move now, but I kinda hope he does because Mika might be taking his seat at BAR and I would love to see him battle Shumi again but this time in a BAR.

nope! I remember reading one of those f1 sites that interviewed both dave richards and takuma and his driving style has nothing to do with it. If takuma is more aggresive then honda should build their engine to HIS specifications, I could never see a driver being told to back off his talent for the entire season because the car can't handle it. One race sure, but not 5.

munichman: yeah i heard about that too, why does webber want someone he can beat? I thought having a teammate like shumacher for example would inspire you to work harder and to set your benchmark as him.

Bavaria
08-08-2004, 02:14 PM
Button - No going back

BAR set Button deadline
Williams firm on Button
Driver profile: Jenson Button
Jenson Button has confirmed his intention to join Williams in a meeting with BAR team principal Dave Richards.
Button told Richards he was moving to Williams purely because they offer him a better chance of winning the title.

"I have made my decision, my contractual position allows this and I clarified I am not moving for money," Button said in a statement.

Richards said on Friday his team would take legal action over the move if Button did not explain his actions.

"My motivation is straightforward determination to win a World Championship, determination which I am sure he as a competitive person well understands," Button added.

"Naturally, the main element of disagreement is whether these ambitions would be better served by BMW Williams or BAR."

Will team switch undo Button?
And Button was particularly critical of the manner in which his potential move has been handled by BAR.

"Drivers are changing teams up and down the paddock at the moment - an accepted and fundamental element of our sport - and I wish that my return to Williams would have been less acrimonious in light of the contribution I have made to BAR this season.

"I have worked hard and contributed seven podiums and 61 of the team's 76 points this season.

"I do not feel it was constructive for BAR to leak details of these discussions."

The Briton, who is set to race for BAR at next Sunday's Hungarian GP, is focused on maintaining the run of form that has seen him become the leading non-Ferrari driver.

And while both BAR and Williams claim their contracts are valid, Button feels confident he will be at the wheel of a Williams car next season.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/3543510.stm

Bavaria
08-08-2004, 02:15 PM
Hakkinen hints at BAR move

Hakkinen beat Michael Schumacher to two world titles
Former F1 world champion Mika Hakkinen has emerged as a contender to replace Jenson Button at BAR, should the British driver join Williams.
Finland's national broadcaster YLE quoted Hakkinen as saying: "There is no smoke without fire.

"At this moment I don't want to comment more on the issue, especially as discussions around BAR are so hot."

The 35-year-old, who retired from the sport in 2001, had previously been linked with a move to Williams.

But with Mark Webber taking one of the vacant seats and Button eyeing the other, Hakkinen will have to look for a drive elsewhere if he is to make a much anticipated return to F1.

BAR test driver Anthony Davidson remains the favourite to step into Button's shoes if his move is completed, but David Coulthard, Jarno Trulli and now Hakkinen are also in the frame.

BAR are determined to block Button's switch and say they will take action to enforce their contract if he does not meet them for talks by the end of Monday.

However, Williams boss Frank Williams has insisted his team have it "on strong legal advice" that they had prior call on Button.

The row is likely to go to F1's contracts recognitions board if it cannot be solved by talks between the two teams.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/3543984.stm

///MAC
08-08-2004, 04:00 PM
look button is a good driver, ok hes going back to bmw good for him, bar have nothing but money to offer button, he wont win a title with bar, theres no way that would happen, bar have ups and ALOT of downs, which is terrible to see, this year button has had a good ride with bar but its going to end somewhere down the line, hes going back with BMW and good for the kid, hes got more potential there then with ne other team, he knows how they work and they know how he works, so its all good for button!!! imo that is

WhadUpp
08-08-2004, 04:08 PM
amid all this controversy its reassuring to know that no matter who wins or loses agreements or races there will always be pit whores not to far from the track.*th-up* *mw*

ROCKETMAN
08-10-2004, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by BMWF1
\

Mika?? if you are referring to Mika Hakkinen you are an idiot and should stop posting

Ure a fool! Why would you lash out if u dont read the news. As someone posted above, Hakkinen might come back.

And Villeneuve might come back to Williams too.

BMWF1
08-10-2004, 03:40 AM
I read the news, he is not going to BAR, he said mika is going to BAR that would be a huge waste, Mika can pretty much take a spot on any top team (except ferrari) if he really wanted to,,,common guys its MIKA the guy that showed people that micheal schumacher is easily beatable

Bavaria
08-10-2004, 04:36 AM
easily beatable, they were neck to neck, sometimes i think ur on crack

munichman
08-10-2004, 01:39 PM
yea he beat him when scumi had a broken leg didnt he?*uzi*

Bavaria
08-10-2004, 02:17 PM
no shit dude! i think hes pissed cause ralf and mr ego montoya cant do shit! :D

///MAC
08-10-2004, 04:30 PM
AHAHHAHAHAH i think ur right ^^^^^

STALKER
08-10-2004, 07:00 PM
His contract with BAR is valid, just read it about it, so no Williams. I think he is stupid to move now anyways. Let Williams come out with the new car, get the bugs out then move if BAR is not competitive.