PDA

View Full Version : light experiment!!

MP328
07-01-2002, 06:06 PM
ok i came back from work a bit early and wanted to put those all clear tail lights on i bought a while back. i got all the red and amber bulbs and wanted to see what it looks like.

i actually liked the way it looked just with the lights turned off, but when i push the brake it just looked nasty and on top off that on the OBC it was saying "tail light failure" so i just put the original back in. and i'm gonna throw these away. unless someone knows someone who wants to buy them, anyone?

the other thing since i had those bulbs i thought i try and see how it would look if i put the red bulbs in the front for the turn signals. and i like the way it looks what do you guys think?

red or blue for the front turn signals?

'88 325e
07-01-2002, 06:13 PM
Don't go with either! You WILL get a ticket for the blue or red bulbs since emergency vehicles use those colours!

*thmbsdwn*

MP328
07-01-2002, 06:15 PM
forgot the pictures

MP328
07-01-2002, 06:16 PM
blue

the driver side bulb blew so i have to buy new one anyways

MP328
07-01-2002, 06:17 PM
red in the dark

MP328
07-01-2002, 06:18 PM
and the tail lights

MP328
07-01-2002, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by '88 325e
Don't go with either! You WILL get a ticket for the blue or red bulbs since emergency vehicles use those colours!

*thmbsdwn*

i had the blue ever since i put the clear signals in. but they look white not blue and i didn't get a ticket yet. even though i've been pulled over for other things. and the red and blue that i would put in is not even close to the emeregency vehicle's red and blue lights

'88 325e
07-01-2002, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by MP328
i had the blue ever since i put the clear signals in. but they look white not blue and i didn't get a ticket yet. even though i've been pulled over for other things. and the red and blue that i would put in is not even close to the emeregency vehicle's red and blue lights

Wow. I guess the cops down here are really strict for other things. What have you been "pestered" about?

Dave

MP328
07-01-2002, 08:36 PM
just the usuall speeding (3 times) , lane change no signal (1 time), taking a turn to fast (1 time) thats it i think. nothing about lights

Gamite
07-02-2002, 12:01 AM
I thought of an idea abotu those all clear tails, you could spray the part thats supposed to be red, black. So it would be a smoked/white taillight.

Jon@Bimmersport
07-02-2002, 12:34 AM
thats a pretty kool idea (the smoked effect), btw the blue bulbs r the "xenon" lights rite? well dont bother commin to brampton or sauga with em cuz the cops r strict about that here. and the clear lights attract too much attention from cops jus like altezza's. i wud say get the red/clear or do the smoked thing. and the red bulbs look like the amber 1s jus a bit darker, it looks sweet dude i wud say keep the red turning lights

MP328
07-02-2002, 01:38 AM
gamite good idea but these lights are not even worth to buy the paint and do that. well i got screwed but it wasn't that much for them anyways 70 bucks. all the plastic where the bulbs go in is kinda broken so the bulb are barelly standing in place. the screws that hold the lights to the car are almost coming off as well, the guy overtightened them. anyways i'm just gonna throw them away and wait for a red and white pair to come along.

e46 lover: i'm all the time in brampton and sauga. i live down in sauga but work in brampton and like said no problems yet with the cops about the lights.

Jon@Bimmersport
07-02-2002, 01:46 AM
r u ****in serious? these stupid cops r only after civics man...i swear...hate em

MP328
07-06-2002, 04:56 PM
like i said before my blue ones blew so i got new ones and these are great it actually looks blue not like before see picture before. these are some APC 1157 bulbs for $20