PDA

View Full Version : how's my photography skillz?

Jon@Bimmersport
06-30-2002, 03:03 AM
these were takin on the 401, i was in an explorer eddie bauer edition...so good to make vids and take pics in.

Jon@Bimmersport
06-30-2002, 03:04 AM

Jon@Bimmersport
06-30-2002, 03:05 AM

Jon@Bimmersport
06-30-2002, 03:05 AM

Jon@Bimmersport
06-30-2002, 03:06 AM

djcontra
07-04-2002, 10:20 AM
Not bad not bad, i would open up the apature a little more to brighten the shots.
you should check out the dtmpower photography section on their message board on how to get shots like thiers.
It partially has to do with the cameras they use, but alot of it is just shutter speeds and a very steady hand.
My father used to do photography for mckenzie race team (indy), he's trying to teach me how to take some pretty amazing pictures, but i guess i'm a slow learner...there's just so many things you have to setup before you even take the picture, it gets a little annoying at first =/

Jon@Bimmersport
07-04-2002, 03:05 PM
ah yes i c...yea my hands werent very steady as u can see...but oh well it was my first time handing out of a window taking pictures so i like em

djcontra
07-04-2002, 03:11 PM
yeah they look pretty good for hangin' out the window!
i want to build or buy a camera mount that attaches to the side view mirror mounting area, so instead of a passenger mirror i can have a video camera or digicam there.
I think i might be able to take some amazing pictures/movies like that because it would hold it alot more steadily than my hands would (unless i hit a bump of course)

Jon@Bimmersport
07-04-2002, 03:15 PM
woah thats crazy! but will it be on the outside? it better hold tight and fit tightly...dont want that thing flying off and taping its flight instead of the car haha but i wat r u gonna make videos of? its too close to shoot ur own car unless u mean tape other cars

djcontra
07-04-2002, 03:34 PM
It would be mounted on the outside behind some plexiglass as a shield.
it'd be to take shots of other people's cars as well as shots of me driving from the outside of the car, showing the fender and the wheel turning or my car.
the other thought is a headrest mounting plate. It pops in where the headrest would go and mounts a camera there. But i wouldn't really want to take shots from inside my car =/

basically i want something like these because i have inept friends who i wouldn't trust to hang out of my car taking pictures....and i wouldn't trust them behind the wheel of my car either =)

Jon@Bimmersport
07-04-2002, 04:47 PM
it sounds like a wicked idea but the thing is, why dont u get some1 to tape ur car from another car?? it makes more sense, u can get better shots and angles, and u dont have to worry about the cops taggin u for having a camera instead of a side mirror :) jus a suggestion, ur idea sounds very kool too, that'd be wicked if u had a remote to move the camera to eh?

djcontra
07-04-2002, 06:10 PM
oh i dont want to tape my car
i just want to tape some shots driving
and make a music video from it
now if i could get a friend who has a steady hand and doesn't mind holding the camera out of the window for 15 minutes then i'll do that =)
one of these days i gotta be a passenger and do the hangin' outta the window myself. I want to get a shot that's almost on the road while driving. like the shots you get from the indy cars or nascars where it looks like the camera is in the front bumper! =)
(i can only dream of that though)