PDA

View Full Version : Tranny Slipping

Axxe
08-01-2004, 08:26 PM
Anyone have any problems with the automatic tranny slipping? Mine was fine a yesterday, but today it won't work right. I stick it in drive, give it some gas, and the engine takes off without the car. I'm sitting at the lights, not being able to move! WTF? Fluid is right, and it will go, but very slowly. Goddamn, it had to happen 2 hours away from home.

Axxe
08-01-2004, 11:07 PM
Ok, so after reading the bentley, and finding out that my tranny is likely ****ed (rebuilt by Aamco 600 kms ago, but almost two years), I am looking for a 5-spd tranny. Anyone know of a good place to find one cheap, along with the pedal assembly, clutch cylinders, clutch, flywheel, etc. Also, is the driveshaft the same for manual and automatic trannies?

Chris de la Cruz
08-02-2004, 01:15 AM
yeah its fakked... happened to me... at first check the automatic transmission filter see if its clogged and check the tranny oil. When i replaced those and changed the tranny oil it worked fine. Pushed it harder again and a bit more screwing around the tranny blew though. but check the filter... that was my first problem! it was only like $100 to replace. but that was my case.. (i got lucky)

Axxe
08-02-2004, 01:50 AM
Yeah, I hope it's the filter. Right now I'm getting a u-haul trailer and towing her home.