PDA

View Full Version : ***asap Help, Really Important***

Polish
07-31-2004, 07:23 PM
k guys

my window is broken, the button i think, how can i make the window go back up, it wont at all, only goes down, and its down all the way now, and i cant leave the car anywhere now or whatever

1993 E36 325i

i think its the button, how can i somehow rewire it or make it go up without that button?

quick help to anyone who knows what they are talking about

Jordan
07-31-2004, 07:31 PM
Swap the believed faulty button with one of the others that works fine... pretty much common sense... if that doesnt fix it, investigate elsewhere.

-=[[f|L@pJ@cK=]
07-31-2004, 07:32 PM
this has happened to me before..

you can either pop out the button and then take off the cover and then press the up switch itself (usually the piece thats connected to the cover breaks and then when you press up/down it cant reach the piece inside the base of the button)

ok you could easily just take out the button disconnect it, and then take out another one of the other windown switches and connect that one in its place and raise the window for now, untill you buy another one..

Polish
07-31-2004, 07:35 PM
do i just pop it out with a flathead, or do i take out the whole cover around the 2 buttons and shit?

-=[[f|L@pJ@cK=]
07-31-2004, 07:42 PM
you could do that i guess (i have a 2 door and the cover around the button comes off as well - not sure about yours though).. all i did was take off the bag around the gear shift, remove the foam stuff and then popped the button out from underneath

Polish
07-31-2004, 08:07 PM
k thanks

-=[[f|L@pJ@cK=] and Jordan

for the quick replies and information, i swapped buttons for now and left it without the button so no one will ever ****ing trying to open it and **** me over :)

thanks boys.