PDA

View Full Version : Alignment shop recommendations???


Alwysfresh
07-31-2004, 12:14 PM
I just overhauled my suspension and I need an alignment, but I'm about to loose it after going to three shops and getting jerked around for the past week. Nobody wants to touch it because it's lowered. I thought a 1" drop is nothing? Has anyone had a good experience recently with someone in Mississauga, Brampton, or Etobicoke? I put Bilstein sport shocks and H&R sport springs on so it's lowered about 1" in the back and 1.5" in the front. I'm extremely frustrated right now so your help would be much appreciated.

NickP
07-31-2004, 08:11 PM
Crown Steering and Brake on Dundas and 427

thinair
07-31-2004, 10:10 PM
Bavarian Motors, it's worth the drive to Markham, I won't get my car aligned anywhere else, and I'm 40 minutes north of the GTA.

DINAN 3
08-01-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Alwysfresh
Nobody wants to touch it because it's lowered. I thought a 1" drop is nothing? Has anyone had a good experience recently with someone in Mississauga, Brampton, or Etobicoke? I put Bilstein sport shocks and H&R sport springs on so it's lowered about 1" in the back and 1.5" in the front.

Alwysfresh,

Wondering what your Bilstein / H&R suspension cost you ?
Myself and another Maxbimmer are in the market for the same suspension.

With regards to your allignment.....Go with thinair's advice...Steve at Bavarian does GREAT work at a fair price (< than the Stealer). I'm not saying he's cheap, but at least you know that the work will be done right.
If $ is no object and you're looking for the "Non Plus Ultra" of wheel allignments.....see Billy at Engineered Automotive.
Hope that helps and please fill me in on the cost (Parts only) of your new suspension.

Good Luck,

Marv.

Alwysfresh
08-02-2004, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the recommendations guys...do you know if they can do it with my 18"x8.5" rims on, or do I have to bring it with my winters on?

328power
08-02-2004, 10:34 AM
woodbridge alignment on hwy 7 / islington// sorry dont have the #

Miguel
08-02-2004, 10:48 AM
IAC in Mississausage

STALKER
08-02-2004, 11:37 AM
I would either go to Mantis Racing in Oakville or see Billy. I have been to both places.

Chris de la Cruz
08-02-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by thinair
Bavarian Motors, it's worth the drive to Markham, I won't get my car aligned anywhere else, and I'm 40 minutes north of the GTA.

hey wheres that located? i may need some alignment aswell

DbIiRrTdY
08-02-2004, 04:04 PM
I recommend woodbridge alignment 80 bucks cash.. just make sure when you leave you steering wheel is straight!

VS

DINAN 3
08-03-2004, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by chrome
hey wheres that located? i may need some alignment aswell

They are located on the West side of Woodbine Avenue, north of Steeles Avenue.....to be more precise...one block north of John Street. Even easier ~~> They're one door south of Mandarin Gardens.
Call Steve at (905) 479-1769.

Best,

Marv.

PS 4 "Alwysfresh": Got your PM.....THNX 4 the Info !

SkycityBMW
08-03-2004, 09:36 AM
I need a alignment too . . . are there different types ? ?

first time with a four wheel alignment.

thinair
08-03-2004, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by DbIiRrTdY
I recommend woodbridge alignment 80 bucks cash.. just make sure when you leave you steering wheel is straight!

VS

I'm never going there ever again, they gave me such an out of wack alignment last time, and managed to leave oil stains all over my light grey leather seats, steering wheel, and carpet near the accelerator pedal/