PDA

View Full Version : coilovers on e34? also low beam prob!!!

Lee in Ottawa
07-28-2004, 08:09 AM
Hey guys i need new springs and shocks. Just wondering if any of you guys use coilovers more specifically those fk coilovers. Are they worth it or am I better of saving my money and running eibachs and bilstein sports?

Also last year my right foglight stopped working, i know it's not the bulb and can't figure it out. This year my right low beam stopped working every once in awhile, now it doesn't work at all. Once again it's not the bulb. I checked the lkm and all seems to be good. However all my light fuses get power except for my right low beam??? However there is power at the socket? Also the right side low beam gets lower votage than the left side at the socket. Can anybody give me a hand if any of this makes sense to you.

Thanks guys.

Gamite
07-28-2004, 10:35 AM
I think FK is the only company to sell coilovers for E34's, I don't know anyone who has them for our cas, but I'm willing to give them a try.

As for your light problem, weird. Maybe check inside teh sockets to see if they're corroded or melted?

Miguel
07-28-2004, 12:09 PM
FK has a great reputation in the VW tuning scene so I'm guessing their BMW coilovers would be just as good. You can PM Sickfinga and ask his opinion, he has them on his M3.

As for your wiring dilemna, I hate to say this but you may want to remove your front bumper and check all the wiring that is going throughout in there. The tend to break apart with age & wear.