PDA

View Full Version : Plz help me start my car

PBalla
07-27-2004, 03:30 AM
Well..after this

I turn the car on, only SOME of the lights turn on to check...

PARK BRAKE
BRAKE LINING
BRAKE
ANTI LOCK
BATTERY
OIL

it used to be that they would all turn on, and all turn off when i started the car...now, the Brake, anti-lock and battery stay off, UNTIL I turn the car on, then (and sometimes this happens with the PARK BRAKE)...they stay lit, and when my RPMs rise, they dim, but when I go to neutral and fall below 1000 RPM (eta) they get lit (not to full), and my brake lining is always on just cuz sensor is loose or something. I talked to a friend he said it was normal due to the use of the alternator, and I had thought about that myself, but then why didn't it happen before, cuz its not normal.

But the car runs fine, just having those lights on, sometimes gets me worried.

ANyone experience this?..should I not worry?

In short, warning lights on when they should be off.

my car has just died on me...i start the car and i went for a bit and then i noticed lights were flickering, headlights dimming, and i could barely turn the wheel...now i try to start it..lights turn on but when i try to ignite everything goes dead

Now, I just got my battery replaced brand new 2 months ago AND my alternator..so what happened?

any advice is appreciated..btw, the car used to leak a lot of oil, my mechanica checked it out, and fixed it..but now it leaks a tiny amount, real small.

Thanks

SpoolinS6
07-27-2004, 03:44 AM
did u see if the belts in place
or if the belt is slipping due to all that oil on the belt itself ?

PBalla
07-27-2004, 04:57 AM
i will check

PBalla
07-28-2004, 03:25 PM
jump starting worked

but tehn i tried it on my own

no go

HELP ME

crusher
07-28-2004, 03:47 PM
are you sure your alternator is charging your battery?!? check your battery

PBalla
07-28-2004, 06:05 PM
ok, called mechanic, he said it can't be start or alternator...he said to clean my ends on the battery and try to start..then try volt meter