PDA

View Full Version : BMW Toronto Service

bmwboy88
07-26-2004, 09:53 PM
Hi Everyone,

Has anyone brought their car to BMW Toronto dealership for service?
If you did, what was your thought? Are the service technicans knowledgble and most importantly, how is their craftmanship?

Thanks guys,

BMWBOY88

rollee
07-26-2004, 10:14 PM
yes, i got my car there. been dealing with them since downtown bmw.
i got a problem with 2 service advisors there, they know no nuts (to avoid @ all costs). only one guy is good, his name is desmond, if you go ask for him.
the mechanics seems nice and know their stuff.

bmwboy88
07-26-2004, 10:18 PM
Thanks for your reply.
If anyone else have inputs, please post.

Rice
07-27-2004, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by rollee
yes, i got my car there. been dealing with them since downtown bmw.
i got a problem with 2 service advisors there, they know no nuts (to avoid @ all costs). only one guy is good, his name is desmond, if you go ask for him.
the mechanics seems nice and know their stuff.

I bought my 330Ci ZHP there. When I picked up my car, there were couple cosmetic (sp?) things wrong with it. I was missing the //M foot rest, missing the //M door sill. I got them to order them for me. When I brought my car in for service I waited around 2 hours for them to install the missing pieces. Well when they're done and I'm about to leave the shop I look at the foot rest, looks cool. I then look at the door sill and they're the same freakin pieces I had there before. Basically the mechanic took out the original sill and put in a brand new one that look exactly the same. WTF. Anyway Desmond went and order another set and got the correct ones the second time around. Facility there at least are nice and all.

Gamite
07-27-2004, 12:43 AM
I know desmond, he's a great guy, he has a 3.8L e34 M5.. :D

DINAN 3
07-27-2004, 01:57 AM
Goto Bavarian Motors on Woodbine (N. of Steeles).
Steve over there is honest, knowledgeable and does great work.
He's affiliated with the BMW Club and has got many members as his customers.
Servicing at the stealership will put you in the "Poo-house"!

Best,

Marv.

mpower1226
07-27-2004, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by DINAN 3

Best,

Marv.

yeah, well Bavarian along with raven costs arm and legs to do anything there.

takeshi
07-27-2004, 03:29 AM
^ I think probably since our new BMW's have free servicing, that's why. I'm sure "bavarian motors" is a great place to take your car, but they don't do the inspections for free =D Besides, some things just have to be done at a dealership!

MarkD
07-27-2004, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by DINAN 3

Best,

Marv.

Bavarian is a long way from Toronto BMW.... He may want to consider going to Autotrend, which is on Broadview just north of Cosburn. http://www.autotrend.net/

MarkD

KennyTheGreat
07-27-2004, 08:00 AM
my boy works for desmond. Desmond C. is a good guy.

ambasah
07-27-2004, 09:54 AM
I have had nothing but good experiences at BMW Toronto.

I know Desmond as well. Great guy.

EstorilM3
07-27-2004, 03:14 PM
One of the reasons I am in the process of getting rid of the M3 is because of the indifferent service at BMW Toronto.

All other dealers are out of the way from where I live/work, so I'm forced by default to service it there.

Desmond?
Does he EVER EVER smile???????? Does he?

Yeah, Desmond may be a fellow Bimmer owner, but his manners, AND his car knowledge need work.

Personally, I haven't had the best of the experiences with him...others have been even worse...!

I suppose some of you may have been more fortunate than me. If so, more power to you.

Anyone looking for a immaculate 1999 relatively low mileage Estoril M3? Lemme know...

alexm520
07-28-2004, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by EstorilM3
One of the reasons I am in the process of getting rid of the M3 is because of the indifferent service at BMW Toronto.
Anyone looking for a immaculate 1999 relatively low mileage Estoril M3? Lemme know...

I only did my scheduled oil service there but I have dealt with the same Service guys from Downtown BMW. And Dowtown BMW Service & Sales has always been receiving higher praises than other dealerships.

Have you tried talking to Service Manager or even his boss?

AlexM520

windwagen
07-28-2004, 12:34 AM
I know Desmond Sie from highschool....if anyone needs any dirt on him (for fun), just ask!

EstorilM3
07-28-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by alexm520
I only did my scheduled oil service there but I have dealt with the same Service guys from Downtown BMW. And Dowtown BMW Service & Sales has always been receiving higher praises than other dealerships.

Have you tried talking to Service Manager or even his boss?

AlexM520

Didn't have to. They stepped in!

In one case after the Inspection II I had to bring the car in the next day due to a misfire. Desmond was ignoring me, so I got Milan (forgot his name - I think he is the shop forman) to look at it. Turns out one of the spark plugs wasn't tightened enough. Milan was clearly angry at his guys for not doing it right in the first place.

Another time, I took the car in for an oil service (the car is still under the CPO warranty, and I don't want to argue with BMW in case of future claims so I take it to the dealer for that).

Brought the car in at about 8:30am. It took the mechanic 2 hours to do the job!!!!
Finally he took it out to the lot, and I waited for Desmond to finish the paperwork, and call me over. One hour later nothing happend, so I got agitated, and mouthy...finally, the Service Manager (don't know his name) came over, and asked me what was wrong...Told him in-not-so-many-words that an oil service shouldn't take three hours!
He agreed! In this case, Desmond was also the Service Advisor.

One more time I took the car in for a persistent dashboard rattle (second attempt at them fixing it), and trannies reluctance to go into 5th gear particularly when cold.
Left the car for the whole day, and at the end of the day the answer was, *We couldn't find anything wrong*!!!
They didn't drive it as I had hoped they would - the mechanic essentialy eyeballed it, and declared it healthy.
IMO, Desmond should've looked into it himself, as I am in no habit in bringing the car in for service just for the hell of it.
The SA's and mechanics are supposed to work together as a team.

Anyway, I've had enough of the BS, so I'm moving on to something else - hopefully soon.

abc12
07-28-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by windwagen
I know Desmond Sie from highschool....if anyone needs any dirt on him (for fun), just ask!

oh would love to hear some stories/dirt about him,,

i actually know him as well,, but not as well as you since u went to high school with him,, but i know him pretty good now,

so let's hear them,, :)

rollee
07-28-2004, 05:45 PM
do tell. this dude never smiles. u are right on that one.

abc12
07-28-2004, 09:43 PM
i know there are other service advisors there,, so what other experiences have you guys had with them,, good/bad........

also where are the stories about desmond,, lol

Gamite
07-29-2004, 02:55 AM
We want Desmond Stories!

abc12
07-29-2004, 07:00 PM
what high school did u guys go to any ways,, and also, where are the stories!!! lol

sonic07
07-29-2004, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by EstorilM3
Didn't have to. They stepped in!

In one case after the Inspection II I had to bring the car in the next day due to a misfire. Desmond was ignoring me, so I got Milan (forgot his name - I think he is the shop forman) to look at it. Turns out one of the spark plugs wasn't tightened enough. Milan was clearly angry at his guys for not doing it right in the first place.

Another time, I took the car in for an oil service (the car is still under the CPO warranty, and I don't want to argue with BMW in case of future claims so I take it to the dealer for that).

Brought the car in at about 8:30am. It took the mechanic 2 hours to do the job!!!!
Finally he took it out to the lot, and I waited for Desmond to finish the paperwork, and call me over. One hour later nothing happend, so I got agitated, and mouthy...finally, the Service Manager (don't know his name) came over, and asked me what was wrong...Told him in-not-so-many-words that an oil service shouldn't take three hours!
He agreed! In this case, Desmond was also the Service Advisor.

One more time I took the car in for a persistent dashboard rattle (second attempt at them fixing it), and trannies reluctance to go into 5th gear particularly when cold.
Left the car for the whole day, and at the end of the day the answer was, *We couldn't find anything wrong*!!!
They didn't drive it as I had hoped they would - the mechanic essentialy eyeballed it, and declared it healthy.
IMO, Desmond should've looked into it himself, as I am in no habit in bringing the car in for service just for the hell of it.
The SA's and mechanics are supposed to work together as a team.

Anyway, I've had enough of the BS, so I'm moving on to something else - hopefully soon.

wow .... I would've hit the roof as you were..... this is actually what you would expect out of north american dealer service department and north american car mechanics (eyeballed it ...lol..) It's too bad it's bmw dealer as well. Actually the Ford dealer that I go to isn't that bad. The Subaru dealer that I go to is the best, there were a couple incidents. I just called the head office and sent me apology letters with some freebee's, then the next time I showed up there service manager apologized and they smarten up treat me like a king and even asked me if i was satisfy with the service before i left. Now they know when I get there for a service I would NOT wait 1 minute longer as per schedule.

-Turns out one of the spark plugs wasn't tightened enough
(mechanic doesn't care because it's not his car)

-It took the mechanic 2 hours to do the job!!!!
(mechanic doesn't care about customer he's having his break)

-One hour later nothing happend
(service advisor doesn't care either)

-the mechanic essentialy eyeballed it, and declared it healthy
(mechanic trying to get rid off customer quickly as possible)

yup ... that's too many BS ....

tbmw325i
07-30-2004, 11:02 AM
You guys are pathetic! If you base your entire service experience on a smile then you're missing something. How often have you dealt with Desmond? Have any of you ever dealt with Thomas or Nicholas? A good service experience occurs over time, you build a report with them and give it time. Walk in there on a Monday morning when there's all kinds of people waiting to check in their cars and look at the pace these guys work at - not an easy job. I've dealt with them a few times and I like the service they provide.

sonic07
07-30-2004, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by tbmw325i
You guys are pathetic! If you base your entire service experience on a smile then you're missing something.

Forget about the damn smile. Just do the job right and schedule the service accordingly, take a little caring about people's bmw because their already invest so much money into it.

LOL .... yup it would be pathetic to you when they forgot to tighten up of your spark plugs ...lol... and your bmw runs like a piece of shit and some rice honda passing you by looking at you like you got a problem driving NOT to mention could've cause other damage down the line because of that ....HELLO !....

ambasah
07-30-2004, 03:40 PM
it's a shame those things happened. but i think we call all agree no one is perfect. to me, it is more important how an issue is resolved rather than expecting there to never be mistakes.

anyhow, i have really liked the treatment and service i've received from everyone there. that isn't to say i've never experienced delays etc, but i was impressed with how things worked out in the end.

just my 2 pennies...

sonic07
07-30-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by ambasah
it's a shame those things happened. but i think we call all agree no one is perfect. to me, it is more important how an issue is resolved rather than expecting there to never be mistakes.

I'd second that for being fair.

abc12
08-01-2004, 10:37 AM
just curious, does anyone on this forum work for any BMW dealerships, if so, which one?

also where's "windwagen" with the stories, we've all been waiting for them for like a week,

abc12
08-06-2004, 12:31 PM
since BMW Toronto replace Downtown BMW, do any of you guys know how the service was between them,, was it much better @ Downtown BMW or the other way around @ BMW Toronto,

also what stories do u guys have about the dealerships, we're still expecting too hear them and stuff

Rice
08-06-2004, 03:53 PM
Welp I went in there to service my car again today. Made the earliest appointment I could with Desmond which is 8am. Got my car in, they took around 1 hour to take apart my headlights and then found out that they don't have the replacement in stock :(
So I wasted 1.5 hour of my time so they can take apart my headlight and put it back together again. So much fun :P
Umm you would have thought that the mechanic would check if he got the parts before he start dismantling my car . Well at least I got a coffee, a can of ice tea and a bottle of touch up paint for free hehe :rolleyes: