PDA

View Full Version : Need help with my 325Is...

naissur_mk2
07-26-2004, 02:55 PM
Hey everybody, i am new to this forum, and really need an advice:
I started my car a couple days ago and it started reving the engine by itself . It goes from 1000rpms to 2000, and back and forth, back and forth... Later on in the day the CHECK ENGINE light went on after i drove it, but on the next day the light went of and the car still revs the engine... My car did this to me before 2 times. Once it happened when i was driving on a highway and it stopped after 30 min down the road. The second time it happened when i started the car, but the reving went away when i let the car sit for like 2 hours. I've posted this on another BMW forum, where one of the guys told me that it could be my ECU, and the other guy said it could be my Oxygen sensor. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong with it? i would appriciate any help and suggestions,

Thanks a lot

BMW_M52_M20
07-26-2004, 02:58 PM
Could be your Idle control valve/module that sould be faulty, that is where I would try first. Also check for vaccum leaks.
Jay

BMWE30
07-26-2004, 03:45 PM
I'd bet on a vacuum leak, but check ICV first. ECU going bad is a possibilty, but I doubt that. Also does it do this all the time, when cold, when warm...etc? Details man, details! Mine used to do the same, then I replaced ICV and ICV Module, and all vac hoses including intake boot (which is now cracked! :mad: ), but it made my car idle like a champ. I suggest you do the same, and give us details!

Woofer
07-26-2004, 04:11 PM
mine does the say i changed the oxygen sensor and the idle control had to be adjusted and that helped it idle properly. as for yoour check engine that needs to be reset at a BMW dealer....so i'm told. that should help you out

naissur_mk2
07-27-2004, 05:36 PM
Hey, guys, finally got some time to write again... About the details: It's been hot out lately, but the car still kept doing it at night as well when it's colder. It revs it the same way both times. Also, if i will put my car in 1st i am able to drive it while it goes from 1000 rpms to 2000, without even touchin the pedal. The same way with other gears. For example, if i will be driving in 3rd and just let go the gas pedal, the car will start slowing down until it will hit 1000rpms, as soon as it does that it will start accselerating till 2000 rpms... Weird :confused: ...

Hopefully this info will be somewhat usefull,

Once again, thanks a lot everybody.

Axxe
07-28-2004, 12:49 AM
Two words: Vacuum Leak.

Cover the air filter box intake pipe with your hand and you will be able to find the leak much easier.

jeremy
07-28-2004, 12:50 AM
get a new motor

http://maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37397

Jase
07-28-2004, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by jeremy
get a new motor

http://maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37397

Man..i need to give you a sales job..your relentless...:D :D :D

jeremy
07-28-2004, 02:09 AM
^ :D

naissur_mk2
07-28-2004, 05:24 PM
:D Nice try Jeremy, i don't have enough money or parents with a big bank account for this right now... i wish tho:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: , defenetely will solve the problem. In the mean time, i took off the Idle control valve, ran some of the BENTLY manual tests and it seemed fine, exept when the car ran and i disconected the HARNESS nothing changed, the same revving. The same thing happened when i took off the "Idle control Relay", the car kept reving the engine the same way, with or without the relay.

Goran
07-28-2004, 05:27 PM
I had the same problem last summer until it just died out on me while driving.......... the problem was the fuel pump and it ran good since I replaced it