PDA

View Full Version : Outran/outsmarted a cop in the 318i

Hohner
07-26-2004, 03:24 AM
So, I was going along ... driving on the island as I usually do. I'm following this guy at ~50 mph in a 35 mph hour zone. My radar detector started going crazy, I slammed on the brakes and saw the cop coming in the opposite direction. He grinned when he saw my front end dive... I watched in my rearview mirror as he did a U turn about 50 yards behind me and my radar detector was still going crazy... so, I come around a bend in the road, pull into this windy gravel driveway. I go up into the woods and come to this house. I'm thinking I should be safe now ... and should probably turn around. I noticed that there were two ways to turn around, I can go back the way I just came or I can explore another different path that was a little muddy and grimey and looked like it hadn't been used in a while ...
I'm gonna attach a picture here ...

And yeah, I found out it was a circular driveway... I was looking down through the brush that seperated the two driveways. I could see where I just driven through, and as I'm driving through this backroad, I see the police officer driving where I just had been and I was driving the opposite direction in this small driveway. He didn't even notice that I was on the other side of the brush ... I was only about 15 feet away from him. The moment I passed him, the two driveways connected and I just sped as fast as I could out of there, went back onto the road, and went the opposite way and found an alternate route to get to the place I needed to go.

///Milk
07-26-2004, 04:08 AM
Very nice
what kind of camera did you use for that pic?
:D

tlaselva
07-26-2004, 08:38 AM
And this board hasn't changed for the worse.....:rolleyes:

Lennon
07-26-2004, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by tlaselva
And this board hasn't changed for the worse.....:rolleyes:

You beat me to it.