PDA

View Full Version : Xeneon kit

Woofer
07-22-2004, 12:47 AM
Has anyone seen or have pics of Xeneon HID bulbs that have been put on e30's? i was thinking about gettin the ellipsiod angel eye kit from ebay and possibly gettin the Phillps HID kit for it since i kno a buddy that gets them for really cheap.....any suggestions or comments?

Jordan
07-22-2004, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by Woofer
gettin the ellipsiod angel eye kit from ebay

No.. just no.

Jon@Bimmersport
07-22-2004, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by Jordan
No.. just no.

i dont see the problem, hes using a replica of a part from another bmw...like how u have E36 style side skirts on ur car..

they actually look good depending on which ones you get, and which headlights you have..personally i think the DDE lighting with smoked euro ellipsoids looks REALLY good.

Woofer
07-22-2004, 01:49 AM
yea i was tihnk about gettin the smoked ones but i might not have the coin for it.....the cheapest i have seen them for is 800 CDN......and ebay has the ellipsoids with the angel eyes for about 300CDN and the angel eyes can be changed todifferent colors by just changing the LED's

Jordan
07-22-2004, 03:16 AM
The ellips he is talking about with built in angel eyes are horrid looking, made in china, have bad build quality, will break quickly (potentially in shipment) and will leak and condensate up in no time flat.

Piss poor product.

Besides that, IMO angel eyes look absolutely disgusting on e30's, no matter how well done.

Mystikal
07-22-2004, 11:02 AM
Depos suck hairy greased up ass.

Get new real Hella Euro ellipsoids and live happily ever after. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

BMW BMXer
07-22-2004, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Mystikal
Depos suck hairy greased up ass.

Get new real Hella Euro ellipsoids and live happily ever after. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

Jon sells depo so he hasta make it look good.

Also Jon Jordan doesnt have e36 style side skirts

Woofer
07-23-2004, 12:36 AM
jordan why do u say it will look so bad on e30's? i saw a pic and i didnt think it was bad lookin at all.....basically i jus want to change my regular 1 piece lamps into lamps with inter changable blubs......and i thought maybe the angel eye kit wasn't a bad idea.....and i have heard the same u said aobut the cheap angel eye kit made in china.....

Mystikal
07-23-2004, 10:25 AM
Even if they did look good (which they don't), the quality of that kit is terrible. You'll be lucky if it lasts a year without falling apart.

Jordan
07-23-2004, 07:40 PM
Most guys I know with the Depo brand euro ellipsoid "replicas" either recieved them smashed (broke in shipping because they are that shitty) or just a couple weeks after putting them on their car the housings started to leak water inside them.

They look horrid, and they are built very very very shitty.

JUST SAY NO!

Xim
07-26-2004, 03:28 PM
here (http://www.e30.cz/technika/xenony.html) is instllation manual from e30.cz

but my favorite is bi-xenon (http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=216761&highlight=bixenon) setup.

kylebes1
07-26-2004, 04:16 PM
angle eyes, like many other things, only look good on the orginial cars. the 5 series are the only cars that should have angle eyes!