PDA

View Full Version : What to do with my Back seats

BimmerKris
07-20-2004, 06:05 PM
I don't like to have people in my back seats, i just throw shit back there and make a mess, and the fabric is all faded out. I want to do something different back there, and take them out. But i don't really got any idea's of what to do with the space. I can't just leave it, has anyone seen an E30 with no back seats or have any neat idea's?

Skunk#1
07-20-2004, 06:14 PM
replace it with a cage, like raven engineering, i think that is their name. look on their web site and get some ideas.

Slowered318
07-20-2004, 06:38 PM
Fill it with speakers

BimmerKris
07-20-2004, 07:42 PM
i need less wieght, i don't listen to anything that needs a big stupid stereo system

bimmerdreamer
07-20-2004, 08:00 PM
Since you like hauling stuff back their you should design some aluminum shelves or bins; or go with a roll cage. If my car was a showcar I would have a fishtank and LCDs in back.

jeremy
07-20-2004, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by BimmerKris
i need less wieght, i don't listen to anything that needs a big stupid stereo system

if you're concerned with weight.....why would you ask about what to put back there.....:confused: ...tear the fcukin' seats out,clean it up and put some fresh paint down....it aint gonna make much of a weight difference though.....

i would have to agree with ryan though,

Originally posted by Slowered318
Fill it with speakers

BimmerKris
07-20-2004, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by bimmerdreamer
Since you like hauling stuff back their you should design some aluminum shelves or bins; or go with a roll cage. If my car was a showcar I would have a fishtank and LCDs in back.

haha a fish tank would be sweet

jeffrie
07-20-2004, 09:19 PM
You could turn it into a mini camper set up a comfy sleeping area maybe a little kitchen hidden in the trunk somewere and tour around the rockies, Jasper park not to far away from you and super kickass!!!

Jeffrey

Lennon
07-20-2004, 09:31 PM
Kinda sound like your contradicting yourself... like you don't need your seats.. but your constantly throwing stuff back there.

I dunno.. keep 'em?

Slowered318
07-23-2004, 01:22 PM
yah cut out the wall behind the seats.. put in a matress, a disco ball some red mood lights and you set (use air matress for weight reduction)

Originally posted by jeffrie
You could turn it into a mini camper set up a comfy sleeping area maybe a little kitchen hidden in the trunk somewere and tour around the rockies, Jasper park not to far away from you and super kickass!!!

Jeffrey

BimmerKris
07-23-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Slowered318
yah cut out the wall behind the seats.. put in a matress, a disco ball some red mood lights and you set (use air matress for weight reduction)

**** ya, but wouldn't i have to rig someting up the keep the car from buckling, or is that wall just there to be unpractical

MR 325
07-23-2004, 04:38 PM
Pretty sure that "wall" between the trunk and backseat is just a wall, thats all. It was cut out on my car by a previous owner.

jeremy
07-23-2004, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by MR 325
Pretty sure that "wall" between the trunk and backseat is just a wall, thats all. It was cut out on my car by a previous owner.

it probably has some structual integrity...i wouldn't cut it out till you know for sure...

burtonownz
07-24-2004, 02:49 PM
Tear everything out and then put some netting up in the back if you still want stuff to keep still while you're driving around.