PDA

View Full Version : WTB ~~> X-Brace 4 my E36 (Cross Brace)

DINAN 3
07-20-2004, 05:46 PM
Looking for a used/new X-Brace (Cross-Brace) 4 my 1998 E36 328i.

I know where to get them new, but since I'm in no rush.....I was hoping to save a couple of bucks in the secondary market.
Anyone know of one ?

Contact me at Mrvster@aol.com

suicide
07-21-2004, 06:00 PM
just go to the scrap yard and find a covertable they all have them and they just bolt onto and the e36s

DINAN 3
07-22-2004, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by suicide
just go to the scrap yard and find a covertable they all have them and they just bolt onto and the e36s

Do you know of any local Toronto scrapyards I can call ?

suicide
07-22-2004, 05:28 PM
look in the yellow pages there are tones

DINAN 3
07-22-2004, 11:34 PM
Just found a X-brace on another board for C $75 (Incl. Shipping).
Sounds like a good price, but the picture shows a ton of white/yellowish guck on it.
I first assumed it to be rust-proofing, but then found out it came off a Texas car ('98 Cabrio).
Anyone have an idea what the white crap could be ?
Could it be some sort of corrosion ?
The seller claims it's just dirty ?!?

KIRASIR
07-23-2004, 01:11 AM
Who cares?!?!

It's a piece of metal that sits under your car. Nobody will ever see it, so it's not like looks are important in this case.

SL

Originally posted by DINAN 3
Sounds like a good price, but the picture shows a ton of white/yellowish guck on it.
I first assumed it to be rust-proofing, but then found out it came off a Texas car ('98 Cabrio).

DINAN 3
07-23-2004, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by KIRASIR
Who cares?!?!

It's a piece of metal that sits under your car. Nobody will ever see it, so it's not like looks are important in this case.

SL

You're right, but since I can't see it in person.....I was just worried it that it might be corroded.

crusher
07-23-2004, 10:57 AM
KIRASIR hows the X-Brace holding up? :)

DINAN 3, Ya just get one of those Rust/Metal paint down at Canadian Tire and repaint it..

ScotcH
07-23-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by DINAN 3

Awsome deal .. jump on it! Which board did you find it on (and no, I'm not gonna steal it ... already have one! :) )

KIRASIR
07-23-2004, 11:37 AM
It looks great in the garage! :D

I finally got the rivets for it a couple of weeks ago. Once my other car is off the lift (clutch change), the brace will ne installed.

SL

Originally posted by crusher
KIRASIR hows the X-Brace holding up? :)

DINAN 3, Ya just get one of those Rust/Metal paint down at Canadian Tire and repaint it..