PDA

View Full Version : Legal racing in Toronto?

thinair
01-03-2002, 05:53 PM
How popular are races for amature drivers in the GTA?

I know the BMW Clubs has auto-x's in Toronto, but are there any others, like actual track events? And how much are they usually?

straight_6
01-03-2002, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by thinair
How popular are races for amature drivers in the GTA?

I know the BMW Clubs has auto-x's in Toronto, but are there any others, like actual track events? And how much are they usually?

The BMW auto-x is good, they have it once a month, I can't remember the name of the street the parking lot is on, but it is up the 400 hwy can,t remember if it north or south of #7 it's a new location only been there once.

KIRASIR
01-04-2002, 10:33 AM
http://www.bmwclub.ca

They have all the info there for auto-x's and driving schools.
SL

Lil'Smoothie
01-04-2002, 01:48 PM
Just drive down any main road and your bound to have honda's/acura's up your arse trying to race. i have my liscence for like 4 days and every where I go there's a honda asking to be put in his place. The only car I wanted to race was a new souped up celica and he wouldnt go.

Lil'Smoothie
01-05-2002, 09:56 PM
Yah there is this one guy at my school who drives a Vigor with a crap exhaust and a canadian tire airfilter and he thinks he has 230 horse power at the wheels and he thinks his car runs the quarter mile in 12.8 seconds. He bought crappy lowering springs & the car is absolutely slammed (looks like sh!t) and he thinks his car will outhandle my M3. What bothers me most is that most people agree with him :P

funny story about his exhaust, this tells you how bad it really is. my buddy blew his exhaust on his celica and it sounded like absolute crap, well when he came to school at least three people asked him if he got so and so's exhaust (guy with the vigor, i dont wanna use his name)

thinair
01-06-2002, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by SPURS21
funny story about his exhaust, this tells you how bad it really is. my buddy blew his exhaust on his celica and it sounded like absolute crap, well when he came to school at least three people asked him if he got so and so's exhaust (guy with the vigor, i dont wanna use his name)

Same thing happened to me with my truck, my exhaust seperated between the manifold and cat (super loud), everyone thought I had this "dope" new muffler.:D