PDA

View Full Version : MarkD Computer Flashing

Quack
07-18-2004, 11:24 PM
had my car flashed by Mark on saturday, ran into a small problem, nothing Mark couldn't handle, took it for a couple of runs, the car does pull a little harder from a standstill, but the weirdest thing was the shifting, my redline on my 98 540(auto) is 5750, when I normally floor it the car would shift at just over 5200RPM, now after the computer flashing my shifting is over 6200RPM, now the question is how do I find out what my redline is now? all & all the car drives fine, car pulls harder than before and I'm happy with the results, I will post more later after testing out the car more in the upcoming week, Thanks Mark again for your help

Clarence

Mystikal
07-18-2004, 11:35 PM
1000 rpm shift point raise! Nice!

Let's see how bad you smoke me now.

MarkD
07-20-2004, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Quack
had my car flashed by Mark on saturday, ran into a small problem, nothing Mark couldn't handle, took it for a couple of runs, the car does pull a little harder from a standstill, but the weirdest thing was the shifting, my redline on my 98 540(auto) is 5750, when I normally floor it the car would shift at just over 5200RPM, now after the computer flashing my shifting is over 6200RPM, now the question is how do I find out what my redline is now? all & all the car drives fine, car pulls harder than before and I'm happy with the results, I will post more later after testing out the car more in the upcoming week, Thanks Mark again for your help

Clarence

Hello Clarence,

Your car will work much better on 94 octane, but even after using 94 you will have to drive 100 miles or so as the computer will need time to re-adapt to the higher octane.

I've looked at the original and new file and don't see any change in the rev. limiter. I'll check into it further anyway. I would say that the rev limiter is as before, but the shift point is higher.

Thanks for posting your feedback, and being one of the first few to try the software.

Mark