PDA

View Full Version : AV3 Kit

yellow325ix
07-16-2004, 10:39 PM
Anyone have pics of the AV3 kit, besides what's on the lowendesign.com site?

I tried to search but AV3 is only 3 letters...

Thanks!!

gsbadbmr
07-16-2004, 11:01 PM
Hope this helps!

http://www.autovogue-commerce.co.uk/products.asp?SID=138

-gsbadbmr

M50E30
07-17-2004, 01:08 AM
Contact windsor318is. He has the AV3 kit with a custom Reiger front lip moulded on. He can tell you how good/bad the fitment is.

I still think the M Tech II kit will look wild in yellow!

Can someone photochop this car in yellow???

http://versioni.addr.com/pics/318i_Mtech.jpg

yellow325ix
07-17-2004, 02:55 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by M50E30

[QUOTE]

I agree, M Tech is my first choice. But, from what I've read anything that I can buy in the US is fiberglass and it can be tough to get something used from the UK. Is there an easier way?

Thanks for everyone's help, I'm really glad that I found this board!!

Eurostyle
07-18-2004, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by yellow325ix
[QUOTE]Originally posted by M50E30

[QUOTE]

I agree, M Tech is my first choice. But, from what I've read anything that I can buy in the US is fiberglass and it can be tough to get something used from the UK. Is there an easier way?

Thanks for everyone's help, I'm really glad that I found this board!!

The AV3 kit is also fiberglass, as are MOST of the E30 kits...the only other choice is original M-tech (worth more then the car) or Rieger E46 M3...

C ///M
07-18-2004, 10:29 AM
The only experience I've had is with the Av3 Rear bumper on a pre-'88 e30 and the fitment was NOT EVEN CLOSE. I had to crack the bumper in a few places, slightly reshape it, and re-fiberglass it to get GOOD fitment. I believe windsor said his rear fitment was very straightforward, but you'd have to ask him.

yellow325ix
07-18-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Eurostyle
The AV3 kit is also fiberglass, as are MOST of the E30 kits...the only other choice is original M-tech (worth more then the car) or Rieger E46 M3...

Eurostyle,

Thanks for the response. Regarding the original M-Tech, I don't have a problem putting on a kit that is worth more than the car. I painted the ix myself and have put a lot of work into to it. To me, the car is worth much more than the NADA book value. Also, I plan to keep it forever as it is a great winter car. I drive my ZHP in the spring and summer :)

Do you carry the original M-Tech kits? Are you able to track them down?

Thanks again!!

windsor318is
07-19-2004, 09:53 PM
hi there, if you do a search with *av3* you should find more pics of my car. as if mentioned before, the fitment wasnt that bad as long as you have a good bodyman

gsbadbmr
07-19-2004, 10:01 PM
Just get a kit from Eurostyle. It is EASY to install yourself, and it fits better than the OEM plastic bumpers...believe me, i know!!

-gsbadbmr

Eurostyle
07-20-2004, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by yellow325ix
Eurostyle,

Thanks for the response. Regarding the original M-Tech, I don't have a problem putting on a kit that is worth more than the car. I painted the ix myself and have put a lot of work into to it. To me, the car is worth much more than the NADA book value. Also, I plan to keep it forever as it is a great winter car. I drive my ZHP in the spring and summer :)

Do you carry the original M-Tech kits? Are you able to track them down?

Thanks again!!

No, sorry...no originals...

Eurostyle
07-20-2004, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by gsbadbmr
Just get a kit from Eurostyle. It is EASY to install yourself, and it fits better than the OEM plastic bumpers...believe me, i know!!

-gsbadbmr

PICS PICS PICS!!!! Pleas Gord!!!

Bob Loblaw
07-20-2004, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Eurostyle
PICS PICS PICS!!!! Pleas Gord!!!

Pics? From Gord??? Keep dreaming! :P

gsbadbmr
07-20-2004, 12:36 PM
Guys, i WILL eventually snap some good pics of my car as soon as i buy a decent digital camera:D

-gsbadbmr

Krim 325I
07-21-2004, 01:52 AM
my camera is decent, when i drive down to montreal ( when my camera is fixed i broke it ) you will have no exuses :D