PDA

View Full Version : How do I remove these parts??

bmdoubleya
07-16-2004, 10:53 PM
How do I remove and reinstall these parts?

#1 The door arm in the center of the door between the hinges?

#2 The hood release plastic handle it broke on me??

Thanks.

The Sly
07-17-2004, 05:10 PM
WOW Lots of reply for you Bmdoubleya...!!!

How is the old E30 ??

ANy other stuff done on it yet?
Let Bob Loblaw know about your fix for the door arm in the center of the door between the hinges...if you find out....He needs to get it done also...
SLy

bmdoubleya
07-17-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by The Sly
WOW Lots of reply for you Bmdoubleya...!!!

How is the old E30 ??

ANy other stuff done on it yet?
Let Bob Loblaw know about your fix for the door arm in the center of the door between the hinges...if you find out....He needs to get it done also...
SLy

It's still going *th-up*

I welded the floor recently but no mods yet Have you sold yours?

The Sly
07-18-2004, 12:44 AM
No and i think i will install the stroker in the convertible with some other goodies and then i will sell the 87 E30 cheap cheap with the other engine!

Hey if you have a chance, ask Bob Loblaw what kind of engine he has in his E30

:D

mikee30
07-20-2004, 01:30 AM
Hey Sly,
I thought the 325is sold a few weeks ago?? I'll be up in Ottawa maybe in about a week....you guys have any meets up there?

Quack
07-20-2004, 01:38 AM
are you trying to remove the door check, can you show me a pic on how it looks like, then maybe I can help you out, most door checks are taken out from inside the door panel, so you would have to remove the interior door panel

chromius
07-20-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by The Sly
No and i think i will install the stroker in the convertible with some other goodies and then i will sell the 87 E30 cheap cheap with the other engine!

Hey if you have a chance, ask Bob Loblaw what kind of engine he has in his E30

:D

What did he put in there?:)

The Sly
07-20-2004, 11:51 PM
Actually it's been there all along....

It's a big story but i will let him explain it all

And Mike ....Actually i don't know what i want to do with it..So much money in that E30....

I think i wil get the engine out and into the cabrio with some of the other goodies...
If i don't get a good offer on it....

SLy

Bob Loblaw
07-20-2004, 11:56 PM
It's a 2.8 stroker. Long story short, at the time I purchased the car, the plan was that Sly would get the engine to put in his cabrio and we'd fully rebuild another engine to put in mine. So I bought all the new parts needed. Now Sly offered me to keep the stroker and he keeps the new parts to rebuild the engine for his cabrio, to his liking, if he doen't put his own stroker in.

Cool, eh!

The Sly
07-21-2004, 12:04 AM
Kool Engine for sure....

They actually call it a Metric Mechanics 2.9 Stroker with Forged 85mm pistons
10.5 to 1 compression all redone by a local professional$$$$$$$$$$

It also has a fresh fresh head with new everything on there cause of a mishaps by a BMW Dealer Here in Ottawa.....

chromius
07-21-2004, 09:45 AM
Wow I never knew that!....I guess we know who to stay away from at the drag strip...Al and Sly:P j/k...10.5:1 compression? any detonation problems?

Really nice though*th-up*

And Sly I think you should keep both the e30's:) They are both too nice to get rid of.

Bob Loblaw
07-21-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by chromius_e30
Wow I never knew that!....I guess we know who to stay away from at the drag strip...Al and Sly:P j/k...10.5:1 compression? any detonation problems?

Really nice though*th-up*

No problem whatsoever.

Originally posted by chromius_e30

And Sly I think you should keep both the e30's:) They are both too nice to get rid of.

I agree! *th-up*