PDA

View Full Version : Info On Lowen Design

yellow325ix
07-16-2004, 12:04 AM
Hi All,

I posted on bmw-forums.com asking about the qulaity of the Rieger kits from Lowen Designs.

Word back was that they are pretty shady and most of their pics are stolen from members of this site. Any truth to that?

I want to finish my car and really need front and rear bumpers. Any suggestions?

http://img20.exs.cx/img20/851/yix.jpg

Thanks!!

BS87
07-16-2004, 12:10 AM
Lower it. 4x4 ride hight=no good.

yellow325ix
07-16-2004, 12:17 AM
Thanks for the advice.
I'm planning to go with Koni's and H&R's all around.
Not too many options for the ix...

What about the bumper kit? Any ideas there?

Lennon
07-16-2004, 12:49 AM
HA, do a search on "Lowen Design" *th-up*

After reading. I'm sure you'll wanna go shopping elsewhere.

spankerdan
07-16-2004, 08:59 AM
yeh once u get rid of those bumpers and lower it ur car will b off hook.. hav u modded the engine or done anythign to ur stereo?

M50E30
07-16-2004, 09:15 AM
Save your money and try and track down an OE MTech II kit! I have never seen a MTech II kit in yellow and I think you could really pull it off!

I wish I would have kept my MTech kit. *sad*

burnhard88
07-16-2004, 09:54 AM
my brohter bought his riegar kit from lowen design i think... off ebay... was also featured on that site...

*uzi*

burnhard88
07-16-2004, 09:57 AM
if u go under the featured cars section in www.lowendesign.com u'll find my bro's e30 there... it's the very first one... champeigne beige one...

*uzi*

Jordan
07-17-2004, 05:35 PM
This is totally not me... but I really like that shade of yellow on your car. Bright yellow would be gross, but that orangish tinge it has sets it off without being overly bright.

Those Millie wheels are pretty gross tho IMO, I don't understand why so many e30 owners buy them.

Oh, and do NOT buy from LowenDesign, its owner Adam Hanson is a crook. He has taken money from many people in the online e30 community, and never delivered their kits.

I say leave your car as is. Don't put a kit on it. Get a iS lip, and paint it to match. Tuck your bumpers, or start doing a plastic bumper conversion, on your car it would be easy. That is what route I would go.

Blaster.
07-17-2004, 05:55 PM
What would realy look nice would be a euro bumper swap. That would look unique *th-up*

And that chrome trim around your windows... Paint that black

Jordan
07-17-2004, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Blaster.
What would realy look nice would be a euro bumper swap. That would look unique *th-up*

And that chrome trim around your windows... Paint that black

You don't do euro bumper swaps on late body e30's

They don't fit properly, and look horrid in the recesse's for the plastic bumpers.

I agree on painting the chrome trim black. Shadowline owns.
:D
http://www.r3vlimited.com/Media/e30theproject/Pictures/June2004/063004-001.JPG

yellow325ix
07-17-2004, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the comments everyone.

The color is Porsche Speed Yellow.

///m powered
07-17-2004, 10:28 PM
get a little lower and throw on an is lip and it will be fantastic :P

do you have any shots like diaganolly from the front?

theNoiseJava
07-18-2004, 01:03 AM
I really like that color. Looks nice for yellow. Here is what I would do.

Paint the chrome trim.
Lower it. A car with big rims that isn't lowered looks retarded IMO.
Swap your bumpers for the plastic ones. It will be easy on your car.
Get a different front lip. I like the small lip that you have, but it doesn't flow well with the sideskirts of the IX. It only looks good on an I.

The rims aren't that bad looking. They will look way better with the car once you lower it.

SebSter
07-18-2004, 03:10 PM
from a fellow ix owner, my immediate advice is to lower it, lookswise it will make a world of difference

im running h&r springs with bilsteins in the front and stock shocks in the back.. i would suggest goign with the koni shocks, from what i have read they are better than the bilsteins (though i have no complaints with mine)

other than that i wouldnt bother with a body kit, do the plastic bumper swap, and either an is lip or a rieger lip like jordans and your car will be sweet

ive been meaning to do that antenna mod on my car, was it hard to install it and wire it up there?

greg_84
07-18-2004, 05:33 PM
I seen this driving by while on vacation last year, Is it the Mtech II? it was nice, but this picture was all i could grab

greg_84
07-18-2004, 05:34 PM
Ah I couldn't attach it it said document contains no data. picture too big?