PDA

View Full Version : Idle Problem

Axxe
07-13-2004, 06:20 PM
Finally got my 325i running, however it idles like crap. It got better after I drained the two year old gas and poored in 94-octane, but it runs like a muscle car. The hole car shakes. I thought it might be the ICV, but when I took it off it was moving around, so now I'm thinking it's the oxygen sensor. It runs perfect at higher rpms, silky smooth. Anyone have the same problem? I hope I don't have to go to the stealership for a diagnositcs, but I may have too (or buy the diagnositic tool).

Also, anyone have any experience with automatics? The cable that goes from the tranny to the throttle control is really stiff, and will not move. The cable isn't seized, but I think something is in the tranny. Shifts @ 1500rpm, can't get any speed. If I need to pull the tranny out then I'm going to swap in a 5-spd, so does anyone know of some good BMW scrapyards in Ontario?

Hartge H26
07-13-2004, 11:26 PM
I have the same sh!t. I redid the top end of my motor and put a 288 cam. I changed the idle control motor, can didn't want to idle properly.somethimes it idles great, but sometimes the rpms drop so low the car almost stalls. I checked the plugs and they were a little whit so i changed the o2 sensor to that of a 3.5 so it would sent more gas fixed the white plug issue but the car still doesn't idle properly yet.

I'm looking for help as well as it's becoming frustrating.

BMW_M52_M20
07-13-2004, 11:36 PM
Vaccum leaks, MAF meter, probably could use some plugs maybe ignition wires if it has sat for two years.

Axxe
07-14-2004, 12:27 AM
Brand new plugs, and it doesn't sound like it's misfiring. It actually sounds like the engine is starving for fuel for a moment, then has way too much the next. It doesn't stall anymore, I put some injector cleaner in it.

EDIT: The most that I'm worried about is it not passing emissions. Also, the MTO is retarded. I changed the ownership over to my name (unfit because no emissions or safety), and I can't get temporary plates because it "isn't safe." The stupid bitch told me to get it towed to the shop that's doing the testing. **** that! My garage is in Caledon, and they expect me to get a tow to Mississauga? BS. I'm slapping on the plates of my Dad's bimmer for a few hours and driving it down.