PDA

View Full Version : Time to change things on my car.. need input

Kal
07-08-2004, 04:11 PM
hey guys,

I need some advice on my car right now. So any input would be appreciated. I think i'm over the chrome look and I want black rims with a deep dish and a polished lip. Right now the two main colours on my car are my candy red and chrome. I want all the chrome to be black now. So here are my options.

1. Get m3 moldings and leave them black, and get a rieger lip and leave it black as well... trade in my chromies for black rims (this is what I really would like to do)

2. just get a rieger lip and paint it to match my car.

3. I already have 2 12" Rockford Fosgate HE2's in my car. I just bought them but I have no amp. I can get a 1000bd amp right now for a pretty good price. Should I put the system in my car? or just resell the subs and put the money towards something else? (which ultimately means I can't get m3 moldings, rieger lip)

I'm not into flashy things no more. Even though I like my chrome rims a lot, I think its time for a change. Besides, I'm growing up and starting a profession in real estate pretty soon so I think I have to look more professional. Chrome rims nowadays only impression teenagers. Am i alone on my opinion?

Any input would be appeciated. Attached is a pic of my car currently. Would black be a good contrast with my colour?

Sorry for all the questions, but I really want peoples input on this. Btw the pic was taken with my phone camera so the quality isn't that nice.

SickFinga
07-08-2004, 04:20 PM
1. M moldings, but painted
2. black rims wont look right on yout car
3. Rieger lip - YES, check for sale section someone was selling eurostyle's replica
4. about music, i dunno, kinda waste of them money. whateve you have should be good enought, a bit of base and nice clean sound, nothing extreme.

P.S. Which color is closer to the original? the one in your sig or in the pic you posted

Kal
07-08-2004, 04:47 PM
Sickfinga, you really think black won't look good on my car? I must confess though, the reason why I want black M moldings is because there is a chip in my current moldings and i can't stand it. I do not want to buy my paint just to touch up the moldings beacuse this paint is really expensive.

About my audio system, I have subs but no amp. so if i decide not to buy an amp and sell my subs I'll be listening to music just through the deck. Which I actually do not mind now.

As far as the colour goes, between the sig and the pic I just posted, I would say the pic I just posted is more like my original colour. The pic in my sig was taken at night and has too much orange in it from that angle. I noticed the colour is different with every camera and every angel I take it at. My original colour was the same as e36_freaks car and his brother (forgot his nick)

Justin e36
07-08-2004, 04:53 PM
nice car... although I'm not a fan of chromes your car does a good job w/ them...

black rims would NOT suite your car... even w/ the polished lip... black cars rock that best. W/ red though?.. nah.. it's flashy.

Red looks good w/ white... but for your rims.. I say regular old alloy.

Kal
07-08-2004, 05:00 PM
thanks justin.. how about getting black M moldings and a black lip and leaving the chrome rims? what do u think of that?

ChahalzBMR
07-08-2004, 05:36 PM
I had chrome rims too and just got sick of them. I now got gunmetal rims that give my car a nice mean look. As for you paint and rims, I think it's best if you stay with your current rims or even what Justin said, regular alloys. If you ever change your paint, then for sure go with something black w/polished lip. I think your car looks good as is. As for the mouldings, if you change them to black, it will stand out...u want that? Try the black mouldings, if you like it...great..if not, you can always get them painted.
Hey, what happened to our DESI meet? I'm STILL waiting!! Let's do something this weekend?

Kal
07-08-2004, 05:49 PM
hey chahal

I think that's a good idea ... i'm going to see how it looks..maybe get somebody to chop it in the photoshop section.

as far as the desi meet goes, how about next week friday (july 16th?). I'm busy this week but next week for sure. I'll make a thread about it on Monday.

crazyvadim
07-08-2004, 07:36 PM
IMO,such a nice car......such a nice color....such horrible rims!
I suggest a aftermarket bodykit,id prefer M kit but anything else would do because the color is wonderful.Just get a kit and rims.....

Gamite
07-08-2004, 07:41 PM
I like the black moldings

Kal
07-08-2004, 08:04 PM
crazyvadim, the reason why i can't put on a skirt is because my paint is expensive, plus its too hard to match the colour exactly. I'd rather just go simple. That's why I just want to add a lip. I dont know what I can do for the back though. I'll add anything to my car that i dont have to paint haha.

Gamite, that's what I'm sayin.. i'm starting to like black moldings but the question is will it look good on my car.

Maybe I should ask soldo if I can try his rims on my car and see how they look.

ChahalzBMR
07-08-2004, 08:12 PM
Yeah, ask soldo if he will let you see what it will look like or there is always photochop. Next week sounds good....
I think you should get the m-parallel, they look sweet on 4 doors...I think.

djcontra
07-08-2004, 09:37 PM
Polished gunmetal rims w/ dish, and m3 mirrors. I think that'd finish 'er off.

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/features/0305MM_ORANGEDEMON08z.jpg

(not a bimmer but orangey-red w/ gunmetal rims)

tiestoE36
07-08-2004, 10:01 PM
ya black moldings for sure, i dont like the painted ones.

the only thing is that you should keep the black moldings uniform around the car. i see from you pick that your back bumpers is completely painted. i think if you are going to leave the moldings black, then change the ones on the back bumper too.

crazyvadim
07-08-2004, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Kal
crazyvadim, the reason why i can't put on a skirt is because my paint is expensive, plus its too hard to match the colour exactly. I'd rather just go simple. That's why I just want to add a lip. I dont know what I can do for the back though. I'll add anything to my car that i dont have to paint haha.

Gamite, that's what I'm sayin.. i'm starting to like black moldings but the question is will it look good on my car.

Maybe I should ask soldo if I can try his rims on my car and see how they look.

Eh,you should of put on a kit when you originally painted your car...unless you bought it that color??
But you should def. change those rims...

Kal
07-08-2004, 10:40 PM
i think i'm going to give the black look a chance... and i'm going to see how black rims on my car look as well...

crazyvadim, i painted the car like that ... but i never put on a skirt because i didn't realize how hard it would be to match the paint... my stupidity..i should've done that first ... oh well u live and u learn

crazyvadim
07-08-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Kal
i think i'm going to give the black look a chance... and i'm going to see how black rims on my car look as well...

crazyvadim, i painted the car like that ... but i never put on a skirt because i didn't realize how hard it would be to match the paint... my stupidity..i should've done that first ... oh well u live and u learn

Black moldings with black rims with polished lip??
you should ask for sum1 to PS it...i def. wanna see that

Justin e36
07-09-2004, 04:47 AM
I like painted mouldings on black cars. :D

honestly?.. I'd leave your car as is.. as someone said. i fyou change to black mouldings be sure to change on the bumpers as well. Go with the lip...

is that a totally custom / mixed colour?

Kal
07-09-2004, 04:26 PM
justin, its a candy paintjob... not a custom ... though there is two colours in the paint, every car you paint usually comes out different. That's why people often mistake it for a custom colour because you wont see too many cars with the same paint job around.