PDA

View Full Version : Brakes Exploded!!

BoBimmer
07-06-2004, 02:25 AM
Well before you all jump me! I did the dumbest thing a guy can do I started letting my G/F (ex now) drive my bimmer! The other night she called me and left a message saying i needed to go to the gas station and pick up the car because the brakes went out! I was furious and started throwing shit! Then loaded up my buddies and we went to pick it up! Well as I was pulling up to the gas station i started seeing chunks of metal in the driveway leading to where my car was parked I just kept telling myself that couldnt be from my car! So anyways under closer inspection it was from my car! The driverside front rotor had exploded or atleast the back half or the rottor was gone the front half is still in tact and the fins in the middle are still the but if you feel the back half of the rotor all you feel are the fins! I havent torn it apart yet to see exactly what is up!? What would cause this? I am sure i will have to replace almost all brake components up front! Anyone know where i can find a cheap BBK? Or if i can make one myself?

bmdoubleya
07-06-2004, 10:25 AM
Slap the crap out of her untill she tells the truth...

BoBimmer
07-06-2004, 03:06 PM
Yea I know but right now i just wanna get my baby fixed so i can head to the races wed. night~! By the way what exhaust is that that you have as your avatar!? That looks amazing!

BoBimmer
07-07-2004, 02:52 PM
So noone on this massivley huge board has the e30 knowledge of what the hell happened to my brakes? DAMN!!!

T.Dot_E30
07-07-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by BoBimmer
So noone on this massivley huge board has the e30 knowledge of what the hell happened to my brakes? DAMN!!!

I've never heard of anything like it before....We have to see how it looks then maybe we can tell what happened. You have could jus ran the brakes down to metal and kept going, then with all the metal on metal, your rotor started to tear away and chucks of metal fell off....

What do you expect with the info u gave, no one knows what ur talking about

crusher
07-07-2004, 05:15 PM
Is your rotor really thin? and when was the last time it was replaced? Cuz thats next to imposible to do in regular driving.. Unless you get hit or you put a jackhammer right on it hehe

BoBimmer
07-08-2004, 01:37 AM
Well the rotors and pads were replaced about a year ago but since then it has only been drivin' about 6000 miles or so because i have had it in my shop doing suspension and stereo work to it. Well thanks for trying guys i will tear into it next weekend when i have some time then i will send pics of what all was damaged! THANX AGAIN!!

snd84318i
07-08-2004, 06:11 AM
if you replaced them about a year ago then i would say faulty rotor and shame on you for trying to get your x killed . just dump the girl if you didnt want to be with her ,not send her for a ride in your bmw lol j/k

BoBimmer
07-08-2004, 10:04 AM
LOL Damn I never thought of it that way! Well too bad she was pulling into a gas station when it happened instead of being on the highway! DAMN!!! LOL J/K!

mirek
07-08-2004, 02:20 PM
post pics, it'll be helpful.

throw your girlfriend over my way now, i've got another bimmer she can drive ;)