PDA

View Full Version : Software By Mark D'sylva


Derrick
07-05-2004, 08:33 PM
Just wanted to let you all know that i got my software installed on my car by Mark last week tuesday.The day he put it in we went for a test drive on some back streets i was able to feel a slight difference not much at first due to the fact of limited road.After I left Mark i was just about to get on the high way to test the beast and the i blew a damn tire.So much for any testing that day.Well now everything is a go, tires are fixed CAI is back in and car has 94octane in the tank.HOLY MOTHER OF GOD this damn thing flies and i mean it flies.No top speed govenor in sight.I passed 240 in a blink and she kept pulling.All i can sa guys I am going to get it put on a dyno sometime soon.It feels like i have a new car all together.Damn quick.Thanks Mark for the great service.

Quack
07-05-2004, 08:34 PM
thanks for the info Derrick, I want mine done as well, I got to get in touch with him

Mohamed 525i
07-06-2004, 07:26 AM
great job always from Mark

thanx mark and thanx derrick

Fern
07-06-2004, 12:57 PM
Was it a download and does price include additional downloads in future- ie: software updates,etc...?

Did mark do the cai also?

How much for that?

Sounds like I see an e39 540i group buy coming on...


Cheers,

Fern

Paul540/m3
07-06-2004, 12:58 PM
wonder if it is as effective with the 6speed?

O.S.
07-06-2004, 01:38 PM
a group buy - sounds good
I wonder what is the price point ...

Derrick
07-06-2004, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Fern
Was it a download and does price include additional downloads in future- ie: software updates,etc...?

Did mark do the cai also?

How much for that?

Sounds like I see an e39 540i group buy coming on...


Cheers,

Fern The time it took in total was about an hour and a half /the first hour was to read the computer/the half was the upload and install.And no mark did not install my CAI a guy at munich motors installed it for me.Remember after he reads your computer he has to send the file away and it comes back the following day.And it all depends where he is getting the file from.

Derrick
07-06-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Paul540/m3
wonder if it is as effective with the 6speed? it is effective with a six speed and works really well from what i hear.If it works as nice in mine it should work great in yours.

Derrick
07-06-2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Quack
thanks for the info Derrick, I want mine done as well, I got to get in touch with him He left for Octoberfest in California this morning i believe,he sent me a pm telling me that.So you may have to wait a week.You will really love the software.It make a real difference especially when driving on the highway in forth gear. And he did not have any problems reading my car at all.

Quack
07-06-2004, 03:59 PM
thanks Derrick, I already talked to Mark yesterday before he left, glad to hear that it works

O.S.
07-06-2004, 05:17 PM
guys - what is the price for the chip?

MarkD
07-06-2004, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Derrick
He left for Octoberfest in California this morning i believe,he sent me a pm telling me that.So you may have to wait a week.You will really love the software.It make a real difference especially when driving on the highway in forth gear. And he did not have any problems reading my car at all.

Hi Guys,

right now I'm sitting on my hotel balcony and reading maxbimmer thanks to a few unencrypted wireless networks!

We haven't done much yet, I'll go to the exhibit hall later and tomorrow I may enter an Autocross at California Speedway.

I'll check back in later.

Mark

O.S.
07-06-2004, 11:41 PM
MarkD, how much is the soft for e39 540?
what gains are we looking at (at least on paper)?

suicide
07-07-2004, 12:40 AM
hey i have a e36 but i am really looking into some coputer upgrades for it

MarkD
07-07-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by O.S.
MarkD, how much is the soft for e39 540?
what gains are we looking at (at least on paper)?


I'll answer this question when I get back to Toronto. I had said that I would program the first feq cars at a lower price just to get some of you trying it.

MarkD

O.S.
07-07-2004, 01:49 PM
thanx Mark .... let me know ... if you remember - I wanted to be the first customer ....

everlast
07-07-2004, 02:41 PM
I also would like in on this deal, but alas I'm in Ottawa. Any chance you'll be in my area Mark? I just drove to TO last week and don't really wanna rack on the KMs again, but a software upgrade would be wicked.

MarkD
07-07-2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by O.S.
thanx Mark .... let me know ... if you remember - I wanted to be the first customer ....


I do remeber, I sent you a PM via the M5 board but did not get an answer. I don't have your email address. Please send me a direct email.

Thanks

MarkD

MarkD
07-25-2004, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by everlast
I also would like in on this deal, but alas I'm in Ottawa. Any chance you'll be in my area Mark? I just drove to TO last week and don't really wanna rack on the KMs again, but a software upgrade would be wicked.

I'm planning to make a trip out to Ottawa and program a bunch of cars out there sometime in mid August, I'll post the date here once it is finalised. I'll be offering a discount in Ottawa to the first 5 cars, but it wont be the same pricing as offered here as now I've realised that since there are so many software variants required, it's unlikely that I'll be able to use the same file twice. (I was told that there were there were over 650 variants in June 2003)

MarkD

Quack
07-29-2004, 09:21 PM
took it for a good run on the drive back from work today, the car pull so fast to 220km/h and I can feel the car wanted to go much faster, but because hwy still had many cars I didn't want to take any chances and slowed down, the reason I went so fast in the first place was that I saw a white E46 325i coming onto the hwy really fast so I just wanted to see if it was another Maxmember :D

thanks MarkD *th-up*

Big Chin
07-29-2004, 10:23 PM
SO Quack mark did your car? And besides that Mark if everyone else got theirs done I wouldn't mind getting mine done.. Can you PM me with the Info and stats plz

Quack
08-01-2004, 08:53 PM
don't have any real stats on paper, you should just PM MarkD for more info

Big Chin
08-15-2004, 11:24 AM
Hey Guys this stuff is awesome just got my car done and like Clarence I haven't dyno'ed the car yet but I can feel the difference. Awesome Stuff by Mark D. *th-up*

Quack
08-17-2004, 12:02 AM
it seems like MarkD reprogramming is working great with all E39 540's, anyone else with a 540 should PM MarkD right away

Big Chin when you do dyno your car let me know