PDA

View Full Version : whats up guys and gals

ian
07-01-2004, 11:29 PM
*wave*
okay guys, here goes. i just bought myself an 84 325e, and im in love with it. just got the ANSA exhaust, K&N cone filter (from Bavarian Autosports... it's their Powerflow kit) and just put my system in. sony xplode head unit, four sony xplode 5 1/2" speakers (with voice coils) in front/rear, sony xplode 1000 watt amp in trunk, nestled between my two 12" sony xplode subs. i love the car already, and i dont even have plates for it yet! it's at the shop as we speak, getting inspected, and hopefully will be "officially" on the road friday. it's already been to the parking lots, and the back roads, i got her up to 103 in 4th gear, with 2k more to go on the tach and a whole 'nother gear! i love this car! BMW makes some fine automobiles, and i am glad to be a part of the tradition, especially with a fine group of people such as you all! i hope to enjoy my stay here, and that i can contribute to this community!
*th-up*

AmaRu
07-04-2004, 02:57 PM
welcome to max...show some pics of ur ride

ian
07-04-2004, 07:30 PM
okay, keep in mind, i just got it, so there's not a whole lot yet. still workin :)

Understated
07-04-2004, 07:32 PM
welcome to max

ian
07-04-2004, 07:33 PM
engine bay.... K&N smilin at ya :)

AmaRu
07-04-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by ian
engine bay.... K&N smilin at ya :)

thats the one from bav? sound good?

ian
07-05-2004, 10:34 PM
when i put it in, i already had the ANSA exhaust on, but it added a "little somethin" to the sound of the car.

WhadUpp
07-05-2004, 11:24 PM
Welcome to Max*wave*

Jordan
07-06-2004, 12:07 AM
The hot air intake needs a heatshield, otherwise you are only making more noise.

The ANSA is a poor choice, I give it about 2-3 years before it needs to be replaced do to rusting apart.

Sony Xplode.... I'm sorry.

chromius
07-06-2004, 01:41 AM
Welcome to max! Damn that engine bay looks clean*th-up*

And don't mind Jordan, he's the Max critic:)

Jordan
07-06-2004, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by chromius_e30
don't mind Jordan, he's the Max critic:)

Yeah, don't mind me... but I do speak the truth here.

Jordan
07-06-2004, 01:46 AM
My little brother has a 85 325e, looks just like yours. Same biegebarf color, but cleaner ;)

http://www.r3vlimited.com/Images/325e/DSC03332.JPG

ian
07-08-2004, 11:30 PM
the heat shield is bein fabbed his weekend by some me and some friends in the garage.. as for the exhaust, it works at the moment, and the car is gonna need a complete overhaul before 3 years is up anyway, so it doesnt bother me. the stereo works for me, it sounds crisp, and has a little thump, im not as rich as everyone else here, so i gotta do all my own stuff. crutchfield had it all on sale, so i got a nice deal. sorry if it don't live up to your standards. :( i got a can o' GUNK in the garage as well, just waitin for this weekend. hopefully the white will come through. the previous owner took care of the car mechanically, just the engine bay i dont think ever received any care. there's a lotta crap to clan out there :( but hey, that's half the fun ain't it? makin it all your own, so you can stand back in the driveway and say "damn, that's my car, and it looks sexy." well, at least that's what i'm into it for anway. thanks for all the welcomes guys!

ara325
07-10-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by ian
sorry if it don't live up to your standards.

Hey, the only standard you gotta live up to is YOURS!...don't mind anyone else, especially certain people who get off on making other people feel inferior (those are usually the ones with the inferiority complex).

Remember this...opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one and most of them stink!

Bottom line is you've made a wise decision going with BMW. They're timeless and last forever, and once you get the 'hook' (which it sounds like you already do), you'll be done forever. I know, i've been 'done' for over 7 years! *th-up*

BMWE30325i
07-14-2004, 07:44 PM
hey looks pretty good. i have seen worse E30s. dont listen to jordan hes a jerkoff.