PDA

View Full Version : Want to paint rims, need info

SebSter
06-30-2004, 12:33 PM
Hey guys Im thinking of painting the inside of my rims gunmetal and leaving the lip part silver. The rims are stock ix 15" basketweaves.

Im just wondering how you would reccomend doing it, and what kind of paint should I use? If you think it will turn out really ghetto doing it myself pls reccomend me a shop that would do it really cheap. I'd do it at a shop right away, but they are stock rims with enough damage to them i would feel like im just wasting the money when I can do it myself.

Any suggestions?

Paul540/m3
06-30-2004, 02:04 PM
I personally have painted rims, i did not do them my self but had a shop do them. It was done as a favour so i am not sure about the price. But if you want them to last i would suggest powdercoating. I was quoted prices around 70 a rim for powdercoating.
hope this helps

SebSter
06-30-2004, 03:25 PM
thats not too bad, what exactly is powdercoating? would i be able to do it myself?

bmwm5lover
06-30-2004, 04:59 PM
u damn biter! LOL U KNOW im gonna do that, so now ur doing it too eh?

Mystikal
06-30-2004, 05:04 PM
You've been saying you're going to do it for months. If he gets it done first, then you'll be copying him. ;)

Jon@Bimmersport
06-30-2004, 05:18 PM
this is wat ur car should look like seb (i edited the front end...do it! its all smoked out)

SebSter
06-30-2004, 08:11 PM
thx for the chop jon, i got rid of the tinted windows tho so it wont be fully blacked out

im goin more for a look like soldo has on his e36, like a dark/light contrast

i like how the chop looks, and the smoked headlights too.. ive actually been looking for a really light tinting spray or tape so i can do the sidemarkers and possibly backlights/front signals

we gotta meet up again, hopefully ill be able to stop by this friday my car wasnt working too well last week so i couldnt make it.. and terry i gotta beat u to it, lol :P

SebSter
06-30-2004, 08:12 PM
oh and do u guys know anywhere i could get it done? or what paint i should use to do it myself?

Jon@Bimmersport
07-01-2004, 01:40 AM
bryers bush in mississauga can do it, i dunno the # sorry...look it up on yellow.ca

ZiMMie
07-01-2004, 01:45 AM
here i belive they do lke 25$ per wheels cheapest place i found when i was gonna do mine..

colorific coatings..
905-564-7300 ask for pancho

Mystikal
07-01-2004, 12:11 PM
Byers Bush Jet Coat
(905) 625-4334

Hey Seb, you're coming out this Friday? I'll be there too.

SebSter
07-01-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Mystikal
Byers Bush Jet Coat
(905) 625-4334

Hey Seb, you're coming out this Friday? I'll be there too.

Jay I just realized I cant make it out on friday, I completely forgot I already had plans... and next friday im leaving to Dominican for a week.. so its gonna have to be after that unless some guys wanna meet another day like tonight or on the weekend.. just give my cell a call, friday is the only day I made plans for so pretty much any other day im free

Soldo
07-01-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by bmwm5lover
u damn biter! LOL U KNOW im gonna do that, so now ur doing it too eh?
Terry pipe down and don't make me slap you!

Ever since i painted my rims you've been saying you'd paint yours, looks like SOMEONE is all talk!
:P

Seb, do it yourself, if you have the time, and worse thing that will happen is they'll look like garbage, but it'll only cost ya like 10 bucks, so that all you loose, then get them done professionally!

SebSter
07-04-2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i
Terry pipe down and don't make me slap you!

Ever since i painted my rims you've been saying you'd paint yours, looks like SOMEONE is all talk!
:P

Seb, do it yourself, if you have the time, and worse thing that will happen is they'll look like garbage, but it'll only cost ya like 10 bucks, so that all you loose, then get them done professionally!

what kind of paint did you use for it?

BMW_7
07-04-2004, 03:29 PM
I wouldn't paint them myself, I'd do them professionally if anything.