PDA

View Full Version : Alignment

325iSBimmer
06-28-2004, 06:05 PM
Where is the best place to get a 4 wheel laser alignment.

I put in new RTAB's in the rear and Tie-rod ends, ball joints in the front and now I need an alignment. Went to the dealer and they said $189+tax. I asked If why so much much and they claim they wieght the car and do a full 4 wheel laser alignment and they are the only ones who have the wieghted specs for the sport packaged and M cars.

Is this true or can i get the same job done else where for cheaper.
I do want a good alignment cause tires are expensive and I'm willing to pay for it but I know how the dealer charges more just cause its BMW.

anyhelp greatly appreciated.

BTW as of now its booked in at Performance BMW in St. Catharines for wednesday but Im willing to go anywhere in the GTA for the alignment. just has to be before long weekend. (driving 600+km)

Jon@Bimmersport
06-28-2004, 06:24 PM
IAC does it and balances your wheels for like $100 with tax? somethin like that i dont got the # on me but they are called

Internation Automotive and Custom

they do 4 wheel laser alignments

STALKER
06-28-2004, 06:39 PM
I would recommend Eingeneered Automotive in Concord.

thinair
06-29-2004, 05:36 AM
Bavarian Motors/Raven Performance in Markham.

DINAN 3
06-29-2004, 10:39 AM
It all depends how serious you want to get.....just *no-no* go to the *uzi* "thievership".
"Yes", with alignments equipment is very important, but quality of work and personal attention matters just as much, which the dealership will be quick to promise.....but not always deliver.

I service my car exlusively at Bavarian Motors [(905) 479-1769].
Steve over there does very proffessional work and is about the MOST HONEST mechanic you'll ever come across.
Though I have never done an allignment with him.....I'm sure he will do a good job.
He definetely offers GREAT value for the money.

Then there is Billy at Engineered Automotive [(905) 660-1884], who is a perfectionist.
Whenever I'm there, he's always got the latest equipment and he'll spend a ton of time on your car.
Be prepared to spend a good $ for all this attention to detail...maybe even slightly more than at the dealer, but at least you'll be guaranteed to get the BEST. If you end up choosing him.....tell him Marvin send you and he might offer you a discount if you pay CASH...just don't tell him I said so.

You won't go wrong with either choice.

Best to you,

Marv.