PDA

View Full Version : Foglight Brainstormin after a couple Heinekens

johnoz
06-28-2004, 01:29 AM
For 88 and up e30s the foglight is a bitch ito fix f it has a problem.

I was thinking just to remove the existing expensive POS and grab some smaller ones(square shaped that can be found on Canadian tire cheap $50 or so) and re-manufacture some sort of housing to fill the gap from original ones.

First and most important challenge tough electrical stuff. Do all foglights are the same (connectors, power 12v)?

Second, can someone lend me a non foglight plastic panel to make a some sort of mold or housing assembly/ bracket(just for measurement purposes)

Has anyone tought of this or tried this before?

lightsandsirens
06-29-2004, 10:33 AM
I was looking at the same thing myself (minus the heineken:D )
I actualy have a set of fogs that may even fit without making any kind of moulding. I'm going to play around and see if I can get it working... as for the wiring, it should be just a normal 12V positive/negative wire.

johnoz
06-29-2004, 10:43 AM
Excellent.

Please update us on the progress and the cost since $175 per foglight is a rediciulous price to pay.

BTW what kind of fogs do you have and how much did you pay?

Originally posted by lightsandsirens
I was looking at the same thing myself (minus the heineken:D )
I actualy have a set of fogs that may even fit without making any kind of moulding. I'm going to play around and see if I can get it working... as for the wiring, it should be just a normal 12V positive/negative wire.