PDA

View Full Version : help me with my steering please!

AmaRu
06-27-2004, 11:59 PM
when im turning my steering wheel feels like its locking at certain points or very stiff... is this normal? its really frustrating and uncomfortable.

A~G
06-28-2004, 01:32 AM
check ur POWER STEERING FLUID!!!!

sonic07
06-28-2004, 01:44 AM
if power st. fluid is ok .... air bubble somehow got into the line, if power st. fluid is very low for sure air bubble in the line to correct it after refil power st. fluid. jack up front end, with the engine running turn st. wheel lock to lock a couple time or drive around the block left to right ... should cure it .... unless the pump is going bye bye ...

A~G
06-28-2004, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by sonic07
if power st. fluid is ok .... air bubble somehow got into the line, if power st. fluid is very low for sure air bubble in the line to correct it after refil power st. fluid. jack up front end, with the engine running turn st. wheel lock to lock a couple time or drive around the block left to right ... should cure it .... unless the pump is going bye bye ...

yeah what he said :D

My sis drove my mazda around for a few days... told me it makes a 'grinding noise' when she turns the wheel. I checked the power steering fluid ... DRY. not even a drop. I drove up a steep driveway really fast a few days prior and busted the line, whenever i put more in it just leaked out the bottom... just had to patch it up.

Better get that checked fast, if its dried up, or pump is busted, ur grinding metal/metal... could really mess things up for u.