PDA

View Full Version : Repainting my ride: your opinion??

Justin e36
06-22-2004, 01:39 PM
Well I'm almost ready to repaint my ride + get bodywork done... when it's done it'll basically look like a m3 sedan.

It's currently black... and all blacked out. (blacked out grills / turn signals, tinting windows, etc.)

Keep in mind the rims are 18" gunmetal with a polished lip.

I'm thinking of adding blue flecks/sparkles to the black paint... give the car something different. I don't like chrome... too bling bling for me... but gunmetal is a very nice substitute.

Also.. you guys think I should paint the mouldings + door handle + m3 lip + m3 rear diffuser?

Here are my options:

1 - Keep car Black + Blacked Out
2 - Keep car Black + Gunmetal Rims / Grills / Trunk Handle
3 - Black with Blue Flecks/Sparkles in Paint and blacked out grills
4 - Black with Blue Flecks/Sparkles in Paint + Gunmetal Rims / Grills / Trunk Handle

Kal
06-22-2004, 01:47 PM
hey justin

If i were you I wouldn't add flakes. I own a mechanic/body shop and we just painted my friends accord. Its blue and he wanted purple flakes in there. It looks alright but I dont think i would want to see it on a BMW ... It might look alright, I dont know but I personally dont see it comming out nice. If anything paint your car like triple black. That'll look sweet. You'll have that wet look on your car

Kal

Justin e36
06-22-2004, 01:50 PM
thanks for the input.. just to clarify I was going to use small + medium flakes... not the large ones.. and not too many. Just enough to give it a blue tint in the sunlight.

Quack
06-22-2004, 01:51 PM
^^^x2 totally agree with you Kal, option 1 & 2 are my picks

koncise
06-22-2004, 01:56 PM
black with DARK blue pearl would look good.

Kal
06-22-2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Justin e36
thanks for the input.. just to clarify I was going to use small + medium flakes... not the large ones.. and not too many. Just enough to give it a blue tint in the sunlight.

I think your looking for this candy colour from PPG. We painted two of my cousins cars with this colour. One accord and one Grand Prix. We painted it black with a tint of blue (pearl black over cobalt blue or something like that). Its a really sick colour but expensive. If you want the paint code let me know and I'll get it for you.

Gamite
06-22-2004, 02:40 PM
flakes are out. Jet black is in.

koncise
06-22-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Gamite
flakes are out. Jet black is in.

so are trucker hats but i aint about to go buy one :P (no offence to anyone who wears them)

break the mold, dont follow... bring the pearl back! :)

I only like VERY subtle pearl though... the kind you only see on the right angle with the sun glaring on it.

Miguel
06-22-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Justin e36

1 - Keep car Black + Blacked Out
2 - Keep car Black + Gunmetal Rims / Grills / Trunk Handle
3 - Black with Blue Flecks/Sparkles in Paint and blacked out grills
4 - Black with Blue Flecks/Sparkles in Paint + Gunmetal Rims / Grills / Trunk Handle

Understated
06-22-2004, 03:12 PM
^^^^^^OMFG LMAO!!!!

koncise
06-22-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Miguel

thats so cruel... I mean, how can they make those kids stand next to the one in the wheelchair.... that I wont stand for.

1BADBMR
06-24-2004, 10:17 PM
I would keep it black. All black w/ a polished lip will look sick*th-up*

V-Thang
06-25-2004, 01:38 AM
keep in mind, jet black is very hard to keep clean. if your obessed with ur car always looking clean and "gleemy" then have fun waxing/washing the car everyday.

little dust will show on it

A~G
06-25-2004, 09:55 AM
Black with gun-metal rims

Miguel
06-25-2004, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by koncise
thats so cruel... I mean, how can they make those kids stand next to the one in the wheelchair.... that I wont stand for.

LOL, you wont stand for the kid in the wheelchair?!?
you crack me up:P

koncise
06-25-2004, 11:25 AM
me make a pun :)