PDA

View Full Version : My M3 lip decapitated a rabbit...

Justin e36
06-20-2004, 07:48 PM
Went to London, Ontario yesterday to watch a friend's boxing match... then to a house party. Coming home around 3am still in London.. no street lights on the 401, zipping along at around 160-180km/h ... highbeams on.

A rabbit (I think?) jumped in front of the car, freezes, and stares at me... I wasn't going to swirve at that speed.. especially with only 2 lanes and an 18-wheeler behind me. So I shifted over hoping he'd make it under the car instead of under the wheel.

Well I felt a big THUMP.. then my passenger wheel hopped over something...

Hazard lights on.. pulled over to assess the damage. In the darkness I had to grab the BMW flashlight from the glovebox to see what happend.

The bugger's head was stuck above my m3 lip and the m3 centre mesh. The way it rocked the bumper it broke my passenger foglight bracket and the foglight fell off... tore the wiring with it. That's what the wheel ran over.

Bolt in the passenger fender wheel snapped off and the bumper got pushed in. Drivers side bumper cover is sagging around 2" and pushed in around 1" into the fender well.

A lot of damage for a little animal.

I left him there and when I got back to Toronto I drove into a car wash and sprayed him off. Got kinda pushed in and mangled by the impact and wind.. so it's fairly difficult to figure out what it was.. but definately a nose and ears on whatever it was. The girl I was with thinks it was a cat...

who knows.

Anyway... I'm looking for a passenger side e36 foglight bracket if anyone has.

J

BMW_7
06-20-2004, 08:34 PM
Yup. something like that happened to me too, when I was going on to the highway a bird decides to fly in front of me... i hear a thump and when I look back I see the bird bouncing away..

Quack
06-20-2004, 08:37 PM
oh my god you bunny killer, I kill a few birds with my car but never a bunny, you sick sick monster :D

///m powered
06-20-2004, 09:04 PM
that really sucks man but at least it wasn't a deer! (mad $$) ... reminds me of that dtm vid where some dude takes out a rabbit on the track :S

BiBimBap
06-20-2004, 10:57 PM
Rabbit's feet are for good luck.. i wonder what a rabbit's head does..

Anyways I got a brand new passenger foglight bracket sitting in my garage. PM me if ya want it. $10 sounds fair?

V-Thang
06-20-2004, 11:31 PM
Shit man sorry to hear that.

Hey when exactly were you in london and what area?

Soldo
06-20-2004, 11:43 PM
HAHAHAHA, sorry don't mean to be cruel, but thats just funny!

The damages are bad, but the whole decapitation thing is funny!

I believe there are a few members selling some foglights, check it out in the for sale section, any serious damage to the bumper, and hows the paint?

1BADBMR
06-21-2004, 04:41 PM
That totally sucks Justin*thmbsdwn*
Poor Ol' Bunny Rabbit*sad*

By the way Thanks for the Bumper*th-up*

WASABI
06-21-2004, 05:15 PM
I hit a skunk one time with my old car .... my car had the nasty stench for weeks. *thmbsdwn*

DrunkFuX
06-21-2004, 06:23 PM
:P

///Milk
06-21-2004, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by ///m powered
that really sucks man but at least it wasn't a deer! (mad $$) ... reminds me of that dtm vid where some dude takes out a rabbit on the track :S
lmao, that was fake!

///Milk
06-21-2004, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by DrunkFuX
:P
O DAMN!
hahaha

M3ti Compact
06-21-2004, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by ///Milk
lmao, that was fake!

really...looked really real to me?

NightSmk
06-21-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by ///Milk
lmao, that was fake!

:confused: No it wasnt.. saw the race ones on Eurosport. The guy was in first or second place (Mercedes if i remember correctly)when he hit the rabbit. A few laps later he had to give up due technical problems caused by the hit.

BiBimBap
06-22-2004, 01:54 AM
Justin - clean out your mailbox.. I'll give you a call tomorrow to meet for the bracket!