PDA

View Full Version : e34 interior help

bimanation
06-11-2004, 05:33 PM
PART OF MY DOOR PANEL ARE FALLING APART. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO FIX IT OR WHERE I CAN BUT NEW ONES FOR A GOOD PRICE? IT'S THE PIECE NEAR THE ARMREST. THANKS!!

Slowered318
06-11-2004, 06:56 PM
Should be screws and clips holding it together.. you gonna need to pull it off.. and examine to see what parts you need. the Stealership has everything you'll need to fix it up.. replacing the whole door skin would be a wast of money.

Gamite
06-21-2004, 07:25 PM
E34's are known for this, I have the same problem in the rear, the vinly starts to tighten up, there's no real fix to this, you have two options really, you can cut a slit on the arm rest behind the padding, and glue the vinly back down, or you can get new interior pieces. Try looking for a post 94 car for interior, cuz its upgraded.

Bruno
06-23-2004, 09:18 AM
I have see a shop cutting a piece a plywood (thin) and laying new leather on it. You need to keep the shape of the second panel that is glued to the 1st panel.

Then you just have to use small nails or staples and staple the piece of plywood covered with leather at the back of the door panel.

I will take pictures if I have time.