PDA

View Full Version : Which is a better head unit?

Autotechnica
06-18-2002, 11:44 AM
I'm wondering which one I should sell and which I should keep, I don't plan on getting a sub or amp anytime soon.

#1 Clarion DRB5475 CD head unit
#2 SONY Xplod CDX C7000 CD head unit

The SONY has sub out and sub volume controls but like I said, I don't plan on getting a sub or amp anytime soon, too much weight. Which do you guys think I should keep? Although I know Clarion is better quality its only 35Wx4 and the SONY is 50Wx4.

Thanks,

Bryan

2lehelix
06-18-2002, 12:21 PM
Hi Brian,

Would you consider selling them both?

I put an Alpine CDA-7969 into my 97 328. The color integration is excellent, as it can flip to amber (instead of Alpine's trademark green). The other advantage is that is has PhantomFace so it hides itself. I have some pics that I can send you, if you like.

I bought mine in Edmonton from International Stereo. It took a bit of hunting aroudn to find one since it is a year out of production. But it is very much worth it. I replaced a Sony CDX-C90 with this unit.

Regards,
Harbuksh

'88 325e
06-18-2002, 05:06 PM
Ahem! Kenwood! Ahem! :D

Tracer
06-18-2002, 05:28 PM
The only kenwood you should buy is one that is the eXelon series. Any others are not for a pro system. If i were going to get one, I would look at Kenwood, Alpine, and Eclipse. Eclipse makes some KICK ASS head units, but they are kinda expensive. Look into them if you havent before.

Tracer

Autotechnica
06-18-2002, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by 2lehelix
Hi Brian,

Would you consider selling them both?

I put an Alpine CDA-7969 into my 97 328. The color integration is excellent, as it can flip to amber (instead of Alpine's trademark green). The other advantage is that is has PhantomFace so it hides itself. I have some pics that I can send you, if you like.

I bought mine in Edmonton from International Stereo. It took a bit of hunting aroudn to find one since it is a year out of production. But it is very much worth it. I replaced a Sony CDX-C90 with this unit.

Regards,
Harbuksh

I'm a little confused, are you offering me your head unit or are you trying to buy mine? I'm not looking for a new head unit, I just want to know which I should keep, the SONY or the Clarion, thanks!

Bryan

Autotechnica
06-18-2002, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Tracer
The only kenwood you should buy is one that is the eXelon series. Any others are not for a pro system. If i were going to get one, I would look at Kenwood, Alpine, and Eclipse. Eclipse makes some KICK ASS head units, but they are kinda expensive. Look into them if you havent before.

Tracer

Way over my budget.. but still you guys are missing my question here.. I'm simply asking which one of the head units I listed are better..

The SONY CDX C7000 or the Clarion DRB5475.

Bryan

Tracer
06-18-2002, 05:52 PM
Clarion any day. I'd rather have my stock bmw tape deck, that has a short.........than a sony. *uzi* SONY

Tracer

Autotechnica
06-18-2002, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Tracer
Clarion any day. I'd rather have my stock bmw tape deck, that has a short.........than a sony. *uzi* SONY

Tracer

Please explain, the sound and bass was cleaner and louder than the stock head unit. No offense but BMW head units are sh*t, my computer w/ PC speakers are louder and clearer than that. I know many people look down on Sony because previously their head units always broke down. I like their new stuff so I'm simply asking about sound quality.

Bryan

JJ.
06-18-2002, 06:06 PM
I have a sony explod and its great! Sounds good and it has sub controls for my 12s. It's got tons of features and everyone loves the flip up flip down feature on it. IMO it looks better than most headunits espically at night. But sound quality wise I have nothing to compare it 2.

Tracer
06-18-2002, 06:07 PM
Ok I have the premium sound in my 1986 325es. Everything is factory. They get pretty damn loud for a factory set. Plus, none of the speakers are blown. I just dont have faith in Sony, that is all. Just look at which reciever has a bigger frequency response range, and which one puts out more RMS power per channel. Then you can see which one you like better. One may also have more outputs than the other, which would also be a plus.

Foc us
06-18-2002, 10:50 PM
KENWOOD EXCELONs, won't be sorry for those, you've heard mine......:D

Autotechnica
06-19-2002, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Foc us
KENWOOD EXCELONs, won't be sorry for those, you've heard mine......:D

Your a freak :moon:

Bryan

Foc us
06-19-2002, 01:32 AM
Shhhh.......people might know........*devil*