PDA

View Full Version : bumper conversion?

AmaRu
06-07-2004, 04:41 AM
I know there like a million thread similar to this but i need everyones opinion.
Ive been debating with myself for the last lil while whether or not to do the plastic bumper conversion some say its worth it some say its not...i personally wouldnt have a problem forking over the money but i jus want everyones opinion...should i jus tuck the bumpers + paint the chrome + mount an air dam? or jus go for the conversion. what does everyone think?

Jordan
06-07-2004, 04:52 AM
Its just one of those conversions that is done completely perfect, or completely wrong. Its a hard conversion, I know it well :)

Mine turned out perfect.

dippin_bimmer
06-07-2004, 08:28 PM
haha
your's sure is perfect Jordan, it sure is

actually it's ****ing amazing i do body work for a living and it's one the best jobs i've seen usually most people can do one thing not both, either it looks good, and is flimsy as shit or indestructable and horrible looking but you got both

props man*th-up*

Jordan
06-08-2004, 01:56 AM
I wish I had a better picture of how well the bumper/apron line up in the wheel well, but this is the best I've got.

Taken just before I drove the car to the paintshop and gave them the keys.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/Media/e30theproject/Pictures/May2004/053104-002.jpg

johnoz
06-08-2004, 02:08 AM
Hey Jordan,

Are those convertible rear seats (or M3?)

Jordan
06-08-2004, 02:50 AM
M3, convertable rear seats only fit convertables, they wont fit in any other bodystyle. They are wider/taller.

la klasic
06-08-2004, 03:47 AM
I made the conversion to Mtech. If you do not have a good body shop, do not waste the time......oh yes, money too !!!

Pics. soon