PDA

View Full Version : How much should I sell for...

ierrahh
06-07-2004, 01:56 AM
I am getting rid of my car ...What would be a reasonable price to ask for to get rid of it ASAP?

It is a '99 328i still warantied till december of this year. I am selling it with the stock rims, the posted pic is the look of it it will be sold as. Both summer and winter tires, 93 000km's on it. Sport pack 2...black interior. It will be sold stock with the exeption of the clears in the front and back and it was tinted as well...I think thats it.

ierrahh
06-07-2004, 03:20 AM
Anybody??

AlpWhitE46
06-07-2004, 03:35 AM
Best way...look at autotrader prices...compare. Best of
Luck on the sale.

Antz_Marchin
06-07-2004, 03:37 AM
Hey man, with km's that high (I know its average for a 5 year old car but still approaching 100k) I'd say to start in the area of $26-26.5k and probably get offers a bit lower than that. Especially in Quebec, I've seen some pretty lowball prices compared to the SouthOntario market. Plus, the 4 door non-sport pack won't really pull a premium. Either way good luck....what you getting in place??

ierrahh
06-07-2004, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by Antz_Marchin
Hey man, with km's that high (I know its average for a 5 year old car but still approaching 100k) I'd say to start in the area of $26-26.5k and probably get offers a bit lower than that. Especially in Quebec, I've seen some pretty lowball prices compared to the SouthOntario market. Plus, the 4 door non-sport pack won't really pull a premium. Either way good luck....what you getting in place??

My buy back is $23 500 anything above that is gravy...if I tried $24 500-$24000 should it go quick?

Antz_Marchin
06-07-2004, 05:21 AM
Couldn't say for sure in your market. My figure may have been a little high remember, I just didn't want to give you too much of a low ball figure on your car and inslut you. I'd say it should go ok if you look for $24k. Start at 24.5 and be happy if you get 23.5 to clear your buyback that way it looks like you're cutting $1k for them.

ierrahh
06-07-2004, 06:42 AM
I checked autotrader and there are some dudes selling 323's with 100 000km's for like $26 000? My dealer is either a liar or clueless, he was telling me I would likely get $20/21 000 for my car if I sold it retail and if I sold it them $18 000.

SkycityBMW
06-07-2004, 05:11 PM
the Dealer is surely RETARDED . . . .

Start high . . . and then you can say . . . OK . . . I'll knock off a few bucks and they think there getting a great deal . . . .

Antz_Marchin
06-07-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by ierrahh
I checked autotrader and there are some dudes selling 323's with 100 000km's for like $26 000? My dealer is either a liar or clueless, he was telling me I would likely get $20/21 000 for my car if I sold it retail and if I sold it them $18 000.

First off, those 323's won't go anywhere near that. Secondly your dealer is retarded indeed.

ierrahh
06-07-2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by SkycityBMW
the Dealer is surely RETARDED . . . .

Start high . . . and then you can say . . . OK . . . I'll knock off a few bucks and they think there getting a great deal . . . .

hallejah!!

ierrahh
06-07-2004, 07:19 PM
Can you guys throw a # at me, I want to post an add today...what should I ask for?

alexm520
06-07-2004, 11:45 PM
My buy back is $23 500 anything above that is gravy...if I tried $24 500-$24000 should it go quick?

Please don't shoot the messenger ....

The following applies in Ontario but I would guess it is identical in Quebec (you can verify).

If you are leasing this car, before you can sell a leased car privately, you have to buy it from BMW Financial. To buy it from BMW, you have to pay BUY BACK amount plus ALL TAXES (GST & Provincial tax).

In Ontario it is 15% tax (GST 7% & PST 8%) on top of buyback.
In Quebec, it around 15% [you pay QST 7.5% on top of (price + GST 7%)]
In other words, you will have to pay first $27,030 to BMW Financial and then you can sell it privately for what ever amount you negotiate. If you are leasing from BMW Financial, another option is to simply walk away from the car - you don't pay anything.

>>> Like someone said, the best thing is to check www.autotrader.ca to see for how much similar cars are selling in your area (used cars prices vary from province to province).

AlexM520

ierrahh
06-08-2004, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by alexm520
Please don't shoot the messenger ....

The following applies in Ontario but I would guess it is identical in Quebec (you can verify).

If you are leasing this car, before you can sell a leased car privately, you have to buy it from BMW Financial. To buy it from BMW, you have to pay BUY BACK amount plus ALL TAXES (GST & Provincial tax).

In Ontario it is 15% tax (GST 7% & PST 8%) on top of buyback.
In Quebec, it around 15% [you pay QST 7.5% on top of (price + GST 7%)]
In other words, you will have to pay first $27,030 to BMW Financial and then you can sell it privately for what ever amount you negotiate. If you are leasing from BMW Financial, another option is to simply walk away from the car - you don't pay anything.

>>> Like someone said, the best thing is to check www.autotrader.ca to see for how much similar cars are selling in your area (used cars prices vary from province to province).

AlexM520

What do you meen "walk away from the car and pay nothing" ..I would love to but they won't let me...from what I understand the buy back is around 23500 right now and my dealer told me I can give it back to them and they will give me 18000 or I can try and sell it privatly and according to him I should expect to get around 21/22 000 and will be left having to pay the balance...

Gianpaolo_E46
06-08-2004, 01:00 AM
wait, ur trying to sell ur car and its leased? how much more time do u have on the lease?

ierrahh
06-08-2004, 01:01 AM
22 months

Gianpaolo_E46
06-08-2004, 01:45 AM
what u need is a lease take over not to sell the car, u want to find someone to assume ur monthly payments, or else u gotta try to get out of the lease through bmw and that will cost $$

ierrahh
06-08-2004, 02:00 AM
whay can't I sell it and give them the money for the buyout?

alexm520
06-08-2004, 02:56 AM
Okay, since we intertain you enough, its your turn. Before anwering any more questions ......

1) How old are you?
2) Who actually leased this car (i.e., signed all papers)

AlexM520

ierrahh
06-08-2004, 04:20 AM
I hate condescending answers...I did and I'm 25

alexm520
06-08-2004, 02:43 PM
I hate condescending answers...I did and I'm 25

You should be thankful you are only getting a condescending reply at this point.... and nothing nastier.

I hate people who post a question about their personal situation (which is okay) BUT fail to list all relevant, basic, key information right in the first post. You then have a long chain of replys/posts where people slowly - one reply at a time - pull out all relevant details from the original poster, AND others in the meanwhile are posting answers or their opinions which are misguided.

In your case, not ONLY you are guilty of the above, you also use terms like BUY BACK incorrectly, giving confusing picture of your situation.

And all of the above AFTER posting 3 - 4 threads about buying G35, when in fact you may decide after all the hubbub it may not be financially prudent to BREAK YOUR LEASE >>> Which you fail to mention in any of the last several threads that you post.

>>> You failed to mention in this or ALL other recent posts that you posted, that you are ....
(a) In the middle of the car lease;
(b) You are trying to BREAK the lease in order to buy a new car.
You start this thread by saying that you want to sell your car....but no mention that you are still in the middle of the lease.

Lets look at one example of what I said in the 1st paragraph of this reply:
SkycityBMW's reply when you said that your dealer offered you $18,000: " the Dealer is surely RETARDED . . . . ..."

Is your dealer retarded .... of course not .... SkycityBMW is simply providing an answer based on incomplete and misleading information from your earlier posts.

When a person is trying to break an agreement, such as a Lease, Mortgage etc, he/she must pay a PENALTY. The dealership is charging you a PENALTY - [whatever is the total amount of your montly payments multiply by 22 remaining months] minus [$18,000 that they are offering you]. You may disagree with the amount of penalty but its their choice.

>>> I am possitive SkycityBMW thought you have completely paid off car and your dealer is being a jerk by offering to buy your car significantly BELOW the market price.

===============================================
Now, maybe you can clear up something for us. Is the BUY BACK amount of $23,500 is what actually written in your lease agreement - as the amount for which you can buy a car AT THE END OF THE LEASE ?
Or is this the total amount of money you have to pay out for the next 22 remaining months (i.e. your monthly payments multiply by 22 months).

P.S. Have you ever heard expression "Putting a cart in front of a horse" ? Instead of asking people's opinion about G35 in three earlier posts, you should have FIRST find out what is the penalty for breaking your lease early AND then decide if it is financially worth it.

P.P.S Like someone said earlier, your original post in this thread should have said: "Looking for someone to take over the lease" ....... instead of "I am selling a car".

AlexM520

EuroSpectacle
06-08-2004, 06:28 PM
can you spell dick with a capital D.