PDA

View Full Version : Retro Fitting Plastic Bumpers

Axxe
06-02-2004, 03:47 AM
How much work is it and where can I find the parts? I just can't stand the look of the metal bumpers.

ZiMMie
06-02-2004, 03:51 AM
http://216.97.77.38/HTMLFiles/Menu2/Menu2-5-2/PlasticBumpers.htm

I have a rear Plastic bumper forsale let me know if intrested *th-up*

Jordan
06-02-2004, 04:03 AM
Expect to pay $1800 USD or so for the rear bumper modifications and paint work if done professionally.

Plus actual cost of the bumpers, valance, lip, fogs, brake ducts etc.

ROBM3
06-02-2004, 04:32 AM
Is it really worth it ? defenitly not ! *no-no*

ZiMMie
06-02-2004, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by ROBM3
Is it really worth it ? defenitly not ! *no-no*

YEs if u Do it urself..:P

Jordan
06-02-2004, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by ZiMMie
YEs if u Do it urself..:P

Yeah, but Axxe isnt going to be able to do it himself. At least not properly.

MR 325
06-02-2004, 06:34 AM
Tuck 'em

Axxe
06-02-2004, 07:02 PM
If I can pull a head off, and reinstall it, then I'm pretty sure that removing a bumper can't be harder.

Zimmie, I might take you up on that rear bumper, how much?

ZiMMie
06-02-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Axxe
If I can pull a head off, and reinstall it, then I'm pretty sure that removing a bumper can't be harder.

Chk ur PM

Eurospeed88
06-02-2004, 07:31 PM

I've got one on ebay right now, no bids, and an $80.00 reserve.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2480771399&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT

Or pay me $300 shipped and I'll end it early. Shipping something this large to Canada is going to be spendy.

Jordan
06-02-2004, 11:21 PM

Sounds like you have no idea what you are doing to me.

Plastic bumpers are in no way, shape, or form a direct retrofit. The front requires only minor mods to fit the new valance, but the rear requires cutting of the body, and huge modifications to the rear bumper and trim.

Trust me, this isn't as simple as you think it is. I've been there, and done that. No one has a better pulled off conversion then I do, and no one has a better writeup on the process then I.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/Tech/bumper1.htm

Lee in Ottawa
06-02-2004, 11:41 PM
I say give it a shot axxe. You'll never know how hard it is until you try. You should also make a write up, who knows maybe you'll figure out an easier way to do it.

Jordan
06-03-2004, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by Lee in Ottawa
I say give it a shot axxe.

A rear bumper is like $250+ seems like an awful waste of money to "give it a shot" and fail.

You'll never know how hard it is until you try.

Unless of course someone way more experienced with it tells you how hard it is.

You should also make a write up, who knows maybe you'll figure out an easier way to do it.

My writeup is excellent, the only thing left out is the wiring. However if you arent able to match the colors of 3 wires then maybe you shouldn't be working on your car ;) He won't find a easier way to do it, unless his way is completely halfass.

Lee in Ottawa
06-03-2004, 11:54 AM
1. Why do you just assume he's gonna fail. Are you actually the only person in the world who knows how to do this?

2. How do you know how much experience he has working on cars, I mean we all know that you know everything there is to know about everything but you don't know shit about what experience he has.

3. Lastly I checked out your write up, it was excellent but that isn't to say that someone couldn't make a better one is it?

Anyways I'm still all for Axxe giving it a shot, if it works out it'll look awsome. If not, then atleast you tried and didn't just give up.

Axxe
06-03-2004, 01:36 PM
Well, after reading Jordan's right up I can confidently say that I can do that without any problems. Fabrication? You call that fabrication? Extending some holes with a grinder is fabrication? This is going to be a weekend project for sure, once the car gets rolling again.

I have to admit though, Jordan's write-up is really good, the only thing that I would add is captions under the photos (even though most are obvious, some people may not connect the pictures to the text).

aaron_silva
06-03-2004, 02:25 PM
This is going to be a weekend project for sure, once the car gets rolling again.

I will believe it when I see it.:rolleyes:

Aaron