PDA

View Full Version : dude got shot defending his bimmer!

simsimah!
06-01-2004, 01:20 PM
http://www.pulse24.com/News/Top_Story/20040601-005/page.asp

more reasons to stay out of Scarborough.. lol

koncise
06-01-2004, 01:27 PM
dont worry, I'll be fine ;)

Nascar318is
06-01-2004, 01:27 PM
Wow, now that's a dedicated owner!!

And they spelt Bimmer Wrong.....bunch of bone heads

Rice
06-01-2004, 01:36 PM
more reason to carry a baseball bat in the trunk of your bimmer. Fist fight with a guy that is trying to carjack you is for wuss :)

BigD
06-01-2004, 02:38 PM
It would be the correct spelling if it was a motorcycle.

They point out a car can be replaced - a lost life can't.

Bullshit. I'd die defending my car. My car cannot be replaced, and there are only a few even like it. And there are already too many like me or better. :) Seriously, the only way someone is taking the M5 from me is if they are willing to kill me for it. And if I got shot I'd probably call the cops to report it stolen first. :)

I'd buy that guy a round. *th-up*

EuroSpectacle
06-01-2004, 02:47 PM
errm, kennedy and dennison isnt scarborough, stop trying to give us a worse rep than we already have

Soldo
06-01-2004, 03:03 PM
The worst part about the situation is you pay no matter what.......

Say you get robbed at gun point, and hand the car over, go to you insurance company and when you file a claim on the stollen car, what happens? Thats right, your rates go UP!

Theres no loopholes anymore!

simsimah!
06-01-2004, 03:16 PM
my bad! *uzi*

Originally posted by EuroSpectacle
errm, kennedy and dennison isnt scarborough, stop trying to give us a worse rep than we already have

EuroSpectacle
06-01-2004, 04:03 PM
no prob, common mistake but markhams just as bad so is richmondhill. problem is scarboroughs the "ghetto" and everyone happens to hate on us.

M3ti Compact
06-01-2004, 04:16 PM
i've always told myself, one or 2 guys, i'll fight...bearhug- ground, i'm 210lbs...unless the guy is also 210lbs.

but its true...sure the car can be replaced...but MONEY is hard to come by...damn insurance.

325iSBimmer
06-01-2004, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i
The worst part about the situation is you pay no matter what.......

Say you get robbed at gun point, and hand the car over, go to you insurance company and when you file a claim on the stollen car, what happens? Thats right, your rates go UP!

Theres no loopholes anymore!

EXACTLY!!.. tihink it just might be less painfull to take a shot to the leg then claim through insurance.:D

Justin e36
06-01-2004, 04:50 PM
It pisses me off with the advice they give at the end, "...authorities advise car owners that it's simply not worth the risk in such situations, and that they should hand over their keys..."

wtf... give carjackers a little more confidence while you're at it.. idiots. they're advising people to co-operate with these guys..

aascenzi
06-01-2004, 04:57 PM
Unless a car-jacker shoots me, there is no way he's getting my car keys....I'll beat the crap out of them.

Gianpaolo_E46
06-01-2004, 04:57 PM
It says BMW suv...maybe he had a new 4.8iS or a 4.6 to defend

Soldo
06-01-2004, 05:04 PM
doesn't matter what it was, if it was a bloody CAMARY, defend that car with your life, cause in so many ways you'll pay for it!

These insurance companies are now workin with the cops, so i think theres gonna be a lot more roberies for what justin said, giving people more fear, and jackers more confidence does nothing for us!

koncise
06-01-2004, 05:55 PM
If he had a weapon, I'd give my keys up in a second... stupid not to. You dont know how insane the jacker could be...

Jase
06-01-2004, 06:34 PM
I would not cough up my keys NO WAY!. My e30 would not be replaceable. The insurance company would give me nothing for it no matter what i have invested.

koncise
06-01-2004, 06:41 PM
so your life is replaceable?

and sure, it may unlikely that you're killed... but its still possible, very possible.

Jase
06-01-2004, 06:52 PM
If everyone just gives up their shit when they are threatened then it will only get worse. Lets say they better kill me because if someone threatens my life then I will do everything i can to kill them first.

koncise
06-01-2004, 06:57 PM
what if your GF/wife/child/whatever was in the car with you..... is your pride and car still worth more?

simsimah!
06-01-2004, 07:23 PM
boomerang that shit!

Betray
06-01-2004, 07:28 PM
wow we lived in a ****ed up world..

BigD
06-01-2004, 07:31 PM
No, people close to me are worth more to me than my car. But I am worth much less to me than my car.

Originally posted by koncise
what if your GF/wife/child/whatever was in the car with you..... is your pride and car still worth more?

Jase
06-01-2004, 07:55 PM
Of coarse that is different. I would not endanger anyones life but my own. But simply put, the police just say to do what ever the jackers says. Well if well all do that then we can forget about being able to afford to drive. Since the insurance will keep going through the roof.

DAM
06-01-2004, 08:09 PM
I would gladly hand my keys to a robber

M3ti Compact
06-01-2004, 08:16 PM
^ gimme your keys...

Manimillion
06-01-2004, 08:37 PM
Where is Toronto going to?

I'm having seconds thoughts about moving to Toronto as each day passes by...

Christina
06-01-2004, 08:51 PM
im always in scarborough.. once someone tried 2 take my friends car from us.. it was kinda funny actually..
we were puttin in gas n a couple guys came up 2 me askin about the truck.. and i was like uh oh.. n they were askin bout the car n im like ya its wicked. tryna be nice n stuff n im like it has a trackin device cuz my friends dad works 4 the ppl who instal it so he got it for free n the guys r like oh n they r like well we gotta go n they walked off.. i was like oh my god... scariest thing ever but now i look and laugh at it..
(she didnt have a trackin system in it)

koncise
06-01-2004, 09:09 PM
was it a nice truck? maybe they just liked it :P

Christina
06-01-2004, 09:15 PM
it was a denali
and of course they liked the truck
its hot

Gianpaolo_E46
06-01-2004, 09:19 PM
ur life is not worth ur car, unless its like a ferrari or something, but boomerang or tracking is the way to go for sure, we got it in all our cars

Jase
06-01-2004, 09:21 PM
As far a tracking a car that was carjacked sure. But if it is just stolen it can be beat.

Understated
06-01-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i
doesn't matter what it was, if it was a bloody CAMARY, defend that car with your life, cause in so many ways you'll pay for it!

These insurance companies are now workin with the cops, so i think theres gonna be a lot more roberies for what justin said, giving people more fear, and jackers more confidence does nothing for us!

i tottally agree with you, i don't care if someone was trying to jack my flipping civic, given they dont have a gun on them, i'd fight till death baby;)

but if their gonna pull a gun or something, i'm too young to go out like that...i'd hand over the keys...sure losses hurt

but u guys have to understand, sh!t happens.

burnhard88
06-01-2004, 09:25 PM
brave man... either alot of balls or no brains... maybe it was a little bit of both... but i wouldn't want some random person stealing my ride... iffy decision... but... he did die for it... so that's not good... not at all... maybe he had some psychological attachment to it like a soul mate or something... i dunno...

*uzi*

Gianpaolo_E46
06-01-2004, 09:27 PM
well yea of course ur gonna put up a fight, just dont be stupid and know when to pick ur fights espically if hes got a weapon or even a gun and and all u got ur cock in ur hand lol

TiemenT
06-01-2004, 09:30 PM
you've got a sad life, if you going to throw it away for some dumb prick who's trying to steal it...
if they come to my place to steal one.. they better get to Mexico.. otherwise I will get them !

d12
06-01-2004, 09:49 PM
damn...

if no weapon = fight to the end
if weapon = hand over the keys

*mumble*

DrunkFuX
06-01-2004, 10:00 PM
the last one i'm gonna brake in is Tiemen's place...
he allready did 5 months because he shot someone who trew in the front window and tried to grap the dvd-players and stuff...

SickFinga
06-01-2004, 10:21 PM
ok if that would happened to me I wouldn't even think twice, and hand over the keys. Call me a pussy, but in reality that what MOST of you would do.

And Big D, I don't think anypne would would even plan jumping you even without heavy artillery backing them up.

Polish
06-01-2004, 10:59 PM
yeah its pretty crazy there

first night we left the 540i outside they tried to jack the rims but got scared away during the night so it was left loose and we didnt know :S

but yeah its not only there, hammer town , kinda sucks but whatever*th-up*

BigD
06-01-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by SickFinga
ok if that would happened to me I wouldn't even think twice, and hand over the keys. Call me a pussy, but in reality that what MOST of you would do.

And Big D, I don't think anypne would would even plan jumping you even without heavy artillery backing them up.

Hehe, after my friend's Type R almost got stolen, Boomerang and all (ripped it out), I'm still getting a security system. But I'm also getting a .45 ACP 1911 as backup security. So anyone wanting to take my car from me, better not only be prepared to kill me but better be ready to die themselves.
*uzi* *shiner*

The only thing kinda calming me down is that the E34 and bimmers in general aren't very high on the theft list.

bmwboy88
06-02-2004, 12:55 AM
Here is a scenario....
what happens when a car jacker breaks into your house and try to grab your keys to the bimmer and in the struggle, you killed him. Would you get charged for man slaughter?

BigD
06-02-2004, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by bmwboy88
Here is a scenario....
what happens when a car jacker breaks into your house and try to grab your keys to the bimmer and in the struggle, you killed him. Would you get charged for man slaughter?

Of course not. It's perfectly legal to defend your property. You can even shoot him when he's just armed with a 13" black rubber dildo. As long as when the cops show up it's clear that you weren't sleeping with the gun under your pillow but pulled it out of the safe. Same with a car, as long as you have a valid destination (like going to a gun range, and at my school there happens to be one a few clicks away).

simsimah!
06-02-2004, 02:42 AM
There is the clifford blackjack.. you have to punch in a code into a two button pad that you can locate anywhere in your car every time you close your door, otherwise the engine cuts out after 500m... enough time for you to run back into your house and grab a bat and run after the guy!

its a pain in the ass to have to punch in a code every time a door opens though..

///Milk
06-02-2004, 04:13 AM
someone once tried to steal my uncles LADA
my uncle has a switch in the glove compartment that shuts off the engine..so the people that stole it....only took the car down the street cuz they thought the engine was "dead"
funny shit..all for a Lada :D

ROBM3
06-02-2004, 04:30 AM
One of the benefit's of owning a $3000 Crx !
No one will ever demand to give up my keys...

LoL :)

///Milk
06-02-2004, 04:43 AM
^^^:D:D

lvan
06-02-2004, 07:10 AM
BULL SHIT ......I was in war In Bosnia and i KNOW how it is when they push ya with long gun and say go go .....
Hand the keys and take it easy........ To make it alive outta there and get killed here for peace of metal and leather that bmw has in not a accordance.

DrunkFuX
06-02-2004, 01:10 PM
Here is a scenario....

you get 2 years jail or more here in the Netherlands...

DrunkFuX
06-02-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by lvan
BULL SHIT ......I was in war In Bosnia and i KNOW how it is when they push ya with long gun and say go go .....
Hand the keys and take it easy........ To make it alive outta there and get killed here for peace of metal and leather that bmw has in not a accordance.

only in Bosnia? I've went to Bosnia, Albania and the Molukken... am i'm just 24...

i'm hearing allot of stories of Tiemen in the base as well... he's been all around the globe... he's a very good friend of mine...
but he is my superior...

rollee
06-02-2004, 04:30 PM
i'll fight.

SickFinga
06-02-2004, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by lvan

and how do you know that?

325iSBimmer
06-02-2004, 05:23 PM
Here is a scenario....

It would all depend on how you killed him. If he broke in tired to steal the car and somehow u got in his way and he STARTED to fight you and you fought back and then starting beating him untill he was dead then yes you would probably get manslaughter.

If he started fighting you and you took one or two swings at him and took him out and he fell of the balcony or something else which you would have had no control over then no, you'b probable get off.

In order to get away with murder like that it has to be that kind of situation where you can prove you were doing it to protect your own life and you had no intentions of killing the guy. i.e. one punch and you kill him... its very iffy...wouldn't want to be in that scenario

Rice
06-02-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by d12
damn...

if no weapon = fight to the end
if weapon = hand over the keys

*mumble*

Um so does that mean you're going to ask "do you have a gun?" before you start the fight? What if you guys started brawling and then the f**cker pulls out the gun?

TiemenT
06-02-2004, 06:10 PM
just give them the keys... it's just a piece of metal..

A~G
06-02-2004, 07:28 PM
Thats crazy. Good for the owner. fuken prick car jacker thought he had an easy target.

if that WAS in scarborough... it woudln't be some guy in a mask,,, it would be a bunch of guys in masks, at which point u just hand over the keys. I'm sure that if there were atleast 2 guyz... the owner woudln't fight back.

burnhard22
06-02-2004, 07:46 PM
That's crazy.
No car is worth losing your life over.
And Richond Hill is not "bad" at all-(response to prior post)
Lets get real Toronto and GTA is not all that bad.
It is like any CITY in the world-you don't go to certain areas.
I have never had a problem in the GTA or NYC or anywhere in US.
But if you're on any street at 2am anywhere-problems may find you.
If that doesn't work tire iron always works.
p.s YOU CAN GET A TICKET FOR CARRYING A BAT IN YOUR CAR>
My friend was given problems before..the solution=make sure you have a ball and/or glove with you...say it's for your work baseball team-true story-it works.
Later
p.s.s The guy that weight trains..1st:what's the best way to "peak" the biceps and 2nd:call me if your having any late night get togethers like your pic/vid.tks

burnhard88
06-02-2004, 07:48 PM
^... :D...

*uzi*

burnhard88
06-02-2004, 07:49 PM
that's justin e36 burnhard22...

*uzi*

qwk325
06-02-2004, 10:31 PM
Its getting worse out there :confused:

lvan
06-02-2004, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by SickFinga
and how do you know that?

I was down when whole thing started....

DrunkFuX

I have some feelings you are moojahedin ....Those pre paid forced they hire to fight.....If you are Albanian or Bosnian citizen ,I dont see point go to fight in other place unless you get paid for it.