PDA

View Full Version : 15.3 1/4 mile @ 88 MPH last night

bmdoubleya
05-30-2004, 05:03 PM
Got my R/T time down to 6.0 sec which was a nice difference from 1.3 2 weeks ago.. I also got a 15.5 and a 15.6 ...

Is it better to run with really bald tires??? cause mine are finished..

swartz
05-30-2004, 11:17 PM
what modifictions are done to ur car thats a good time

bmdoubleya
05-31-2004, 03:22 AM
288 cam, cone, chip, and exhaust.... Also short shift and very stiff suspension if that helps..

It was a suprise for sure cause I was running 15.7 before*par-t*

Spaz
05-31-2004, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by bmdoubleya
288 cam, cone, chip, and exhaust.... Also short shift and very stiff suspension if that helps..

It was a suprise for sure cause I was running 15.7 before*par-t*

everything but the stiff suspension is helping you...

i had a 15.5 on completely stock 1990 325is

and when i put 17"s on i dropped to 15.7 which can be expected.

Nascar318is
05-31-2004, 03:41 PM
good stuff man, saw ya go. At the end there were just 2 many cars so we left at 10ish.

bmdoubleya
05-31-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Spaz
everything but the stiff suspension is helping you...

i had a 15.5 on completely stock 1990 325is

and when i put 17"s on i dropped to 15.7 which can be expected.

Why would a stiff suspension slow the car??? I think it's better for take off cause when you have soft the car sinks backwards and forwards...

And I only have 15" wheels

Mystikal
05-31-2004, 10:22 PM
Sinking back on the rear wheels is a positive. You want all the weight there to provide more grip. This is why a stiff suspension will actually work against you.

Decent times nonetheless. *th-up*

Bob Loblaw
06-01-2004, 01:25 AM
So 15.3 is now the time to beat, eh! :)

Nice job. Can't wait to find time to go and try it out.

bmdoubleya
06-01-2004, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Mystikal
Sinking back on the rear wheels is a positive. You want all the weight there to provide more grip. This is why a stiff suspension will actually work against you.

Decent times nonetheless. *th-up*

That makes sense but what about when the front end sinks down?? That must slow you down

msix
06-02-2004, 03:27 AM
That makes sense but what about when the front end sinks down?? That must slow you down

It sure does slow you down, because that means you are standing on your BRAKES!

Vehicle dynamics, Lesson # 1

Place a Golf ball in the open, flat hand. Now move your hand around, move your hand forward quickly, pull it back, move it sideways and watch what the ball is doing.
These are the same forces that are exerted on your car when accelerating, braking and cornering. Its called weight transfer.
*wave*

bmdoubleya
06-02-2004, 03:54 AM
I meant in the drage race though well shifting.. Although I did see a eagle talon rocking back and forth like crazy and he ran a 10.1

msix
06-02-2004, 04:20 AM
I don't know much about Dragracing, but I would be almost certain that well prepared cars also have a VERY stiff suspension.

One thing you don't want at high speeds is ANY unnecessary movement. You would want that car as stiff as possible, no rocking, no diving, just flat as a board!

Anyways, that's what you want at the track, so the Dragstrip would be the same.

K.W.

Nascar318is
06-02-2004, 12:16 PM
Hey Msix, you should come up to luskville sometime, myself and some friends are going on Saturday the 12th. They have what is called a cruise night, but we go up for the whole day, my buddies bring his bbq and we are going to have a tailgate party...should be fun, if you are interested let us know.

Dave you going back on the 12th?

bmdoubleya
06-05-2004, 02:09 AM
I think so but my car is starting to feel the pain*shiner*

Jase
06-05-2004, 03:22 AM
See if you guys can get thesly out to see what kinda times his stroker can put up?

BladeRunner
06-05-2004, 04:45 AM
I would like to go to the strip but from what I know no publically accessible strips here. Any Georgians here if so give me a FYI?

bmdoubleya
06-05-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Jase
See if you guys can get thesly out to see what kinda times his stroker can put up?

I think he runs 14's and 13's with NOS ... Not to sure though

theNoiseJava
06-05-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by BladeRunner
I would like to go to the strip but from what I know no publically accessible strips here. Any Georgians here if so give me a FYI?

Are you from Georgia in the US? There is a drag strip in Commerce pretty close to the Tanger Outlets. I'm not sure if they do public drag racing.

BladeRunner
06-06-2004, 04:28 AM
Yes from U.S., Georgia. Drag strip in Commerce don't know where that's located but sounds like the country. I'll look into that.

jimmyd1
06-08-2004, 06:53 AM
Just saw your website, car is beautiful. My guess is that you are probably leaning out at the higher rpms. The solution is simple, RRFPR should solve it. Since you have a steep cam, I would probably run more on the rich side of 14.7 to 1, probably about 13 or 12.5 to 1. You'll have power and response throughout the rpm range of 2000-5800 rpm. What this would translate into would be running a static fuel pressure of 3.5 to 3.75 bar and turning the cog on your afm two spaces to the right. Be forewarned, your car will probably run very rich, until the ECU adjusts, then you should not have that much of a problem. I had the same problem, until I converted to M30 afm and injectors, tuned my ecu and ran 4 bar static fuel pressure. The car runs rich at startup, but is extremely responsive when warm and when shifting at higher rpms.

bmdoubleya
06-09-2004, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by jimmyd1
Just saw your website, car is beautiful. My guess is that you are probably leaning out at the higher rpms. The solution is simple, RRFPR should solve it. Since you have a steep cam, I would probably run more on the rich side of 14.7 to 1, probably about 13 or 12.5 to 1. You'll have power and response throughout the rpm range of 2000-5800 rpm. What this would translate into would be running a static fuel pressure of 3.5 to 3.75 bar and turning the cog on your afm two spaces to the right. Be forewarned, your car will probably run very rich, until the ECU adjusts, then you should not have that much of a problem. I had the same problem, until I converted to M30 afm and injectors, tuned my ecu and ran 4 bar static fuel pressure. The car runs rich at startup, but is extremely responsive when warm and when shifting at higher rpms.

How do I do all this??? How long would it take a mechanic??

jimmyd1
06-09-2004, 08:16 AM
You could literally do it in the comfort of your own garage in about an hour. It is not very complicated. If you install the adjustable fuel pressure reg, I would recommend a ratio guage. I would also not be overly concerned if you initially run rich, provided that you are not stumbling horribly at idle, losing power at driving speeds and pouring black smoke out of your tail pipe.

bmdoubleya
06-11-2004, 06:31 PM
So are you saying by playing with this stuff it will get to a 14.9 at the track??

The Sly
06-12-2004, 10:39 AM
Hey Bmdoubleya i have that setup on my stroker. So if you need help doing the same, i can do it with you..

I got my parts from Bobby near your place.

I got myself a M30 AFM and E36 M50 injectors and i converted my Original Fuel pressure regulator to a 4bar...

It's just like Jimmyd is saying, i little rich when cold but very responsive on all gears
SLy