PDA

View Full Version : Which of these disables the engine???

bmdoubleya
05-26-2004, 09:58 PM
I was told that removing one of these(pic below) which I guess would send the message from the OBC to the main CPU will make it incapable of starting the engine?????

Someone years ago smashed my window and then my radio and OBC .. So I can no longer use the code..

Here's the pics ... Which is it the green or the silver??

bmdoubleya
05-26-2004, 10:02 PM
Also I dont know what these smaller connecters are??? 2 black and one clear not attached to anything??

felixthecat
05-26-2004, 10:44 PM
the smaller conectors are for diognostics or options you dont have,never mind them...unplug the green one,then try and turn it over,if it starts,then its the other one...you wont hurt anything by having one disconnected,it'll either start or it wont..

edit:i think the green one is the flasher relay...and if you need to disable the car for a longer period of time,unhook the harnees on the top side of the steering colum,that goes to the ignition switch...

Jordan
05-26-2004, 10:48 PM
Find connector #12. If the solid green and green w/ red stripe are not jumped together, the engine will crank but will never start.

When you remove the OBC you must jump these 2 wires at the connector or the engine wont start

Properly jumped connector shown (my car)

http://www.r3vlimited.com/Images/Wires/DSC03198.JPG

kylebes1
05-27-2004, 01:44 AM
I used my code for the first time the other day and went in to school, when I cam back I hopped in a wondered why it would not start, I absolutely forgot about it and only rememeber when the horn began to sound.
I punched in the code and the engine started with a nice cloud of extra gas.
How can I use the code and make it work to disable the starter, would that not have been a better design anyway?

Please help.

T.Dot_E30
05-27-2004, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by kylebes1
I used my code for the first time the other day and went in to school, when I cam back I hopped in a wondered why it would not start, I absolutely forgot about it and only rememeber when the horn began to sound.
How can I use the code and make it work to disable the starter, would that not have been a better design anyway?

Please help.

Your horn went off? Mine didn't, i only did it once then remember'd i put a code it, but my horn didn't go off.

That small black connector might be for the door chime. (Ding-DinGGG!) maybe thats why its not connected like mine

felixthecat
05-27-2004, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by kylebes1

Please help. you have that in an 84???:confused: