PDA

View Full Version : need 2 things asap

SebSter
05-26-2004, 05:55 AM
if anyone has a parts car..

i need a rear window defogger switch, and the backlight for the obc display (or just the whole obc if u guys will let it go cheap)

for refference, the dealer wants about 48 for the backlight for the obc, so if someone will sell it (or the whole obc) for less ill take it..

lemme know, thanks

seb

Eurostyle
05-26-2004, 07:02 AM
The switch i have for sure, the light i have to see (and if it works!) so drop by the shop and well try it!

BMW BMXer
05-26-2004, 02:46 PM
You can replace the OBC light with LEDs. Its just getting out the OBC that I don't wanna do.

SebSter
05-26-2004, 03:37 PM
yeap, takes a long time to get everything out... but i had to do it to replace a whole bunch of bulbs, so i had my whole console out yesterday

thanks fil, just lemme know when i could come by, im free till about 7 today, or friday most of the day

BMW BMXer
05-26-2004, 03:40 PM
I just need the keys for my deck to get it out with the rest of the other crap.

SebSter
05-26-2004, 03:47 PM
oh ok, my deck comes out pretty easily.. the hard part for me was i wasnt really sure what screws i was looking for since it was my first time doing it, some guys told me the basic areas of where the screws are but it still took me a while to figure it all out and get everything out... i managed to replace all the bulbs i needed to tho, so that worked out nicely but i just need the obc light now and a defoger switch with a working light and my inside will be good as new *th-up*

bmwm5lover
05-26-2004, 05:48 PM
where did u buy the bulbs for the heater controls. I need one, and how much were they

Jordan
05-26-2004, 05:53 PM
bmwm5lover:

Those bulbs are available at most auto parts stores. They likely wont be in a package on the shelf, I had to ask for them.. They had a tub of them behind the counter. I think they were like 29 cents each. At that price I just replaced every single one in the car, wont have to worry about them burning out for a long time.

Slowered318
05-26-2004, 05:54 PM
Terry.. you can get them at canadian tire.. i have a whole box of em, and if you wanna do the A/C delete let me know also

Free today 416 417 7946

bmwm5lover
05-26-2004, 06:06 PM
Jordan- I tried Canadian tire, they said they don't have them( i asked some bum behind a counter)
Ryan- Im not doing the AC delete as of now, I may have found a way o make it work:)

lvan
05-26-2004, 07:29 PM
no CT wont even have bubs for THE computer ......Just go to dealer they have then for cheap price too as CT....

Eurostyle
05-26-2004, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by SebSter
thanks fil, just lemme know when i could come by, im free till about 7 today, or friday most of the day [/B]

I guess its a bit late for today, but if you want to come friday just give me a call!*th-up*

SebSter
05-26-2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Eurostyle
I guess its a bit late for today, but if you want to come friday just give me a call!*th-up*

kool will do, will you be aroudn the shop in the morning?

SebSter
05-29-2004, 08:33 PM
damn looks like the backlight wasnt the problem, im probably gonna need a new obc... anyone got one lying around that'll let it go for fairly cheap?