PDA

View Full Version : power windows

kylebes1
05-26-2004, 02:50 AM
I am tired of cranking those stupid handles to get my window up or down.
So has anyone ever upgraded to powerwindow in an early e30? If so what all is inolved?

felixthecat
05-26-2004, 02:55 AM
pretty strait forward swap..just make sure you have all the pieces...panel around the shifter,switches,wiring,relays,window racks(inside doors),motors,and plastic covers for where the handles used to be,and a bit of time to do it...hmmmm i just noticed you have an 84...im not sure if the mounting points for the window racks are in the same place or if they changed the bolting locations...something to look into..

kylebes1
05-26-2004, 03:07 AM
Any sites out there with this?

ZiMMie
05-26-2004, 03:09 AM
hey i got both power windows motor with rail for u wanna trade it for a strunt bar :D

felixthecat
05-26-2004, 03:10 AM
i have no idea...you just have to find out if on the newer e30's if the racks for power are the same as manual,then they'd be the same all the way back...

kylebes1
05-26-2004, 03:13 AM
Ok thanks, also what about the relays? Would they be in the fuse box of a power window car or located elsewhere on the car?

felixthecat
05-26-2004, 03:18 AM
i belive there in the fuse box...you should be able to put a relay in the spot and then plug the harness for the whole setup into the box under the dash...the slot for iit should allready be there..its hard to say because its a first year chassis..they may of made the fuse boxes all the same so that options added down the road,they wouldnt need to make a new fuse box to accomidate them..i know the americans do that,id only assume the germans must..

kylebes1
05-26-2004, 03:27 AM
I suppose the system onl requires one? my fuse box has an open relay slot so I guess that would be it. Thanks