PDA

View Full Version : My lock just broke.. Locked

bmdoubleya
05-26-2004, 01:32 AM
My passenger side lock never worked my trunk doesn't work and my drivers just broke it locks but does not unlock???????

:eek:

What can I do for cheap?? besides using a coat hanger as my new key??????

qimis
05-26-2004, 01:55 AM
ouch ... sorry to hear that. i just had a door lock problem too, but mine wont lock and passenger side wont open (the solenoide is broken).

T.Dot_E30
05-26-2004, 02:22 AM
My spare key broke in my drivers door......

Eventually found my key, with alarm remote to unlock it......I still haven't removed the key as yet.

felixthecat
05-26-2004, 02:32 AM
heres a thought..carefully pull out the plastic strip that locks your rear window in.pull the glass out,unlock the door and then put the glass and the strip back in..its as easy as it sounds..

edit:i kinda missread that..open the door and pull the skin off,it only takes a minute to get it off,theres three screws(2 under the armrest,1 behind the power mirror switch) and the rest are just clips that pop out,pull the lock cylinder out of the door(slide the c clip off the back of the lock and detach the arm,the wise thing to do would be to replace it,but if you want to do it ghetto cheap,then start pulling the tumblers out of the top of the lock cylinder(theres 6 i think)start pulling them out from the front face of the lock,and work your way towards the back,you might only have to pull out 1 or 2 to get the lock to work again,the failed lock is usually the fault of the front tublers wearing down and not getting enough lift when you put the key in..put it back together...there ya go...hope that helps..

crusher
05-26-2004, 02:45 AM
I had a similar problem too.. I just went in the rear window and then ground the central locking system.

Eurostyle
05-26-2004, 04:17 AM
I should have a lock and key for sale...

bmdoubleya
05-26-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Eurostyle
I should have a lock and key for sale...

How much???

Eurostyle
05-26-2004, 06:33 PM
$25 each

bmdoubleya
05-26-2004, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Eurostyle
$25 each

$25 for a new lock with key that sounds better then how ever many hours it would take me to try to fix it myself....

:) Sounds good to me.. When do you guys have the next big show or cruise in T.O.????? I would drive from ottawa...

Eurostyle
05-28-2004, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by bmdoubleya
$25 for a new lock with key that sounds better then how ever many hours it would take me to try to fix it myself....

:) Sounds good to me.. When do you guys have the next big show or cruise in T.O.????? I would drive from ottawa...

Ok, i just checked and i have both side with the key. As for the next big meet, i'm not really sure...check the "Official meets" section, but we have small ones all the time...

BMW BMXer
05-28-2004, 03:48 PM
Hey fil do you have anymore locks? I need a drivers side. I have never been able to lock mine from the outside.