PDA

View Full Version : My weeks progress....

BMWE30
05-25-2004, 03:58 AM
Hey guys.... I actually had some time off work this week and got a chance to start getting some stuff done to the E30. First, I got a sealed beam H4 conversion kit (I will eventually get euro smilies) , blacked out the chrome window trim with TrimBrite Blackout Tape (turned out exellent) and tucked in my diving boards (well, the front one, the back one wont move)...Anyway...Next week its getting the body work done and will be ready for my midnight blue paint job. Heres some pics of the progress:

BMWE30
05-25-2004, 04:01 AM
The body damage :

BMWE30
05-25-2004, 04:06 AM
The car will hopefully be done in the next few weeks. I have some maitenence to take care of also. I will be getting 16"-17" wheels over the summer, along with an Eibach Pro Kit. Maybe sometime this summer I will also be able to get one of Eurostyles MTech kits.

Heres the headlights:

Jordan
05-25-2004, 04:13 AM
Those headlights look REALLY out of place on a e30. They have "made in china" written all over them.

Given that body damage, I'm surprized the car isn't totaled. Thats gonna take alot of plastic filler lol. Repairing it right (new door, cut off rear quarter panel, weld on new one etc) is more then the car is worth.

P3dro
05-25-2004, 07:28 AM
I have those same low beams and i hate them. I only paid 20 bucks for them with some ricer bulbs, let me know how they work for you.

BMWE30
05-25-2004, 06:38 PM
Totaled? That side is banged up from scraping off a guardrail. It is by no means totaled. I have a new door and the back quarter will be pulled of dents and sanded and filled with fiberglass for a smooth finish. The car is going to be painted by myself and a few friends soon, and will NOT be driven around with fiberglass and primer on it. On those sealed beam conversions, Yes I got them for $40 ...they are ricer-ish, but they work hella better and enable the use of H4's. I bought them because my one low was out and I didnt have money at the time for the headlights I wanted. They work pretty good though.

chromius
05-25-2004, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Jordan
Those headlights look REALLY out of place on a e30. They have "made in china" written all over them.

Given that body damage, I'm surprized the car isn't totaled. Thats gonna take alot of plastic filler lol. Repairing it right (new door, cut off rear quarter panel, weld on new one etc) is more then the car is worth.

Man...what are you talking about....most people that mod e30's spend more on the car than what its worth to start with....that dosn't mean that its not worth modding or fixing....His car is far from totaled....

I must agree though, I'm not a big fan of the lights....and it delfinitly needs to be slamed, it almost looks higher than normal:confused: ....but other than that, looks alright...good luck on the rest of the projects.*th-up*

Jordan
05-25-2004, 11:58 PM
Don't get me wrong.. I'm not flaming here.. but I've seen several other lower end e30's (318i/325e) totaled from similar or less damage. It doesnt take much damage to the rear quarter panel to total even the most mint of e30's, let alone a lower end one.

Pulling the dents out and filling with fiberglass or plastic filler might work for you.... but the only proper way is to cut off the panel, and weld a new one on.

Pulling and filling will never be quite perfect.

BimmerKris
05-26-2004, 01:23 AM
i got those type of lenses, and they are cheap shit. The bulbs rule ass, but the lenses got all craked to shit, the bocsh ones are the wasy to go.

chromius
05-26-2004, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by Jordan
Don't get me wrong.. I'm not flaming here.. but I've seen several other lower end e30's (318i/325e) totaled from similar or less damage. It doesnt take much damage to the rear quarter panel to total even the most mint of e30's, let alone a lower end one.

Pulling the dents out and filling with fiberglass or plastic filler might work for you.... but the only proper way is to cut off the panel, and weld a new one on.

Pulling and filling will never be quite perfect.

Okay I see what you are saying...but it dosn't stop the guy from trying to fix it, or spending more money to get it fixed....Cuz personnally, If something like that happend to my car I would get it fixed, regardless of the money, cuz bluebook value of my car is hardly what its worth to me, and all the hard work I have put into it. Thats just me though...

felixthecat
05-26-2004, 05:52 AM
you better keep those sealed beams handy...those lights wont last very long at all...been there and done that..only difference is,i paid 110 for mine last year*shiner* *drink* :(

BBSe30
05-27-2004, 02:30 AM
damn Jordan........youre a dick....dont you ever say anything nice.....you talk s*** in every post.....Im sorry you got picked on as a kid.....

Boris The Blade
05-29-2004, 05:34 AM
Can someone ban this F*cker from Maxbimmer???? he makes me sick :puke: I mean, really... get a F*cking life dick face!

Jordan
05-29-2004, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by BBSe30
damn Jordan........youre a dick....

Yes, I can be at times.

dont you ever say anything nice.....

Of course I do, just none of you ever notice my "good" posts when I really help people out. Go ahead and search, they do exist.

you talk s*** in every post...

Entirely not true, see above.

Im sorry you got picked on as a kid.....

I didn't get picked on much as a kid. People that so much as thought of screwing with me got laid out. Care to guess how many times I assaulted fellow students in high school? I even got arrested and booked for it once.

Jordan
05-29-2004, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by Boris The Blade
Can someone ban this F*cker from Maxbimmer???? he makes me sick :puke: I mean, really... get a F*cking life dick face!

It saddens me greatly that a unbiased realistic opinion makes you sick. You have your opinions, and I have mine. Just leave it alone.

Moreover, banning me would not be productive. It would only serve to piss me off more. I can change my IP any time I want, so banning my IP isn't exactly productive either.

///m powered
05-29-2004, 07:27 AM
jsut take jordan's posts with a grain of salt guys,
if its negative response, jsut think of it as one person who doesnt like it,,, out of the how many pple browsing this site?

btw : your car ahs some potential, jsut keep it clean and all is well :P

BBSe30
05-29-2004, 10:20 PM
I dont know Jordan.....How many elementary students did you molest ,while in High school, that you eventually got arrested for?......or did I read that wrong?......lol....whatever man.....Im sure youre a real bad ass. Keep those posts coming.....they make things interesting*th-up*

87e30
05-31-2004, 06:05 AM
I think most of you fail to realize jordan has worked on every square inch of an e30 and consequently knows the car inside and out. every post of his I've read, while somewhat harsh, is completly true. the only real way to fix the damage on that car will cost more then getting a better e30

BMWE30
05-31-2004, 10:43 PM
Wow guys...lol...this really turned into a heated debate. I really didnt expect that..heh. Anyway...the car will be started next week (hopefully) since we get out of school. I dont understand how you figure it will cost more than a better E30 when:

A.) I have a new perfect door, and if the quarter doesnt come out really great, ill just cut it and weld a new one on with some buddies (who are mechanics) and myself.

B.) The car is getting a complete paintjob in Midnight Blue (I will be doing this again with my auto friends and doing the bodywork before the paint (obviously)

C.) I have all the parts, and the car has to get painted anyway. I will be doing this work myself, with labor costs totalling a whopping $0 :) . I have everything needed to paint and fix...and that cost me a mere $400 for everything (including door).

So I figure it really cant get any worse than it is now since its going to get all the bodywork done and be painted anyway. I appriciate all of your opinions, and I'll definately post some pictures when its done. Thanks guys! *par-t* *wiggle*