PDA

View Full Version : Head Rebuild

Axxe
05-19-2004, 02:34 AM
Does anyone know of a good shop that can rebuild my M20 head? I'm talking I drop the head off, they rebuild, and I pickup, so they don't need to remove it. In the GTA of course.

ZiMMie
05-19-2004, 02:37 AM
Whiles at that get a bit of the heads shaved off.

Sim_Sima
05-19-2004, 03:23 AM
Hey buddy i rebuild my 1988 bmw 325i head last year. It is not cheap and you might find a few complications too like a shop would force you into replacing rockers or polishing your cam so becareful buddy, I was quoted 1300 but i got away with it for only a 150. I kinda scammed the shop. I dropped off the head in like ralph lauren kakkis and a polo shirt rolex watch and said i knew nothing about repairs. The guy said he'd look at it and gimme a call. He gave me a paper statement of how much it would cost. I left it a few day and i think his name was dave. He said he would be taking a few days off. So during those days i called and a shop mechanic picked up the phone, I asked him if the head was ready cuz dave said i could pick it up. So said he'd get right in top of it. I then waited a week without answering the shop phone calls. I showed up and told the manager i wasn't interested in that price and wanted to goto another shop. Since the work was done and i signed nothing all they could charge me was inspection fee. I brought it to my mechanic and surely it was shaved, cleaned, and ready to install cuz it was also reassembled. So be smart and take your time, don't start with your first price.

jeremy
05-19-2004, 03:27 AM
lakeside motors... 416-267-4641

Axxe
05-19-2004, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the replies. I'm going to call lakeside motors soon. There is no way that I'm going to pay 1300, for that much I'll swap in a M50.