Autotechnica
05-13-2004, 06:22 PM
I have a box of these..

I'm selling for....

$200CDN + tax (1 buyer)
$175CDN + tax (2 buyers)
$150CDN + tax (3 + buyers)
$125CDN + tax (5 + buyers)

These are stainless steel braided brake lines which are DOT approved. I'm not sure what brand they are though, I'll check and post pics when I get the chance.

Thanks,

Bry

T.Dot_E30
05-13-2004, 06:29 PM
would it fit e30s also?

Autotechnica
05-13-2004, 08:29 PM
Probably not, but you should check to make sure. They come with 6 lines.

Bry

paul
05-13-2004, 08:39 PM
i have them on my ride great mod

Autotechnica
05-13-2004, 09:04 PM
Ok, pics don't want to upload.

Anyways, here are some links to the pics...

Copy and paste the links into your browser.

http://www.geocities.com/mtechnik42/DSC00153.JPG
http://www.geocities.com/mtechnik42/DSC00154.JPG

Bry

punnzzells
05-13-2004, 09:08 PM
the pics are not there....

check it out and let us now... is this a 6 line kit?

mike.

Autotechnica
05-13-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by punnzzells
the pics are not there....

check it out and let us now... is this a 6 line kit?

mike.

It's a 6 line kit..

The pics are there. you have to copy and paste the link into your browser

raffa
05-14-2004, 01:48 AM
I am interested. If you get four guys that want to buy them, e-mail me and I will get fifth set. Thank's in advance.

P.S. I need to know who makes them first.

Autotechnica
05-14-2004, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by raffa
I am interested. If you get four guys that want to buy them, e-mail me and I will get fifth set. Thank's in advance.

P.S. I need to know who makes them first.

Are E36 and E30 brake lines the same?

Autotechnica
05-14-2004, 04:18 PM
They are made by Techna fit, DOT approved.

For those of you who do not know what SS lines are. The actual lines are NOT made of stainless steel. This is a misconception.

The lines are made of Teflon whereas the stock lines are made of rubber. The stainless steel is simply there as a "shield" to protect the teflon.

Teflon has a number of advantages over rubber. It doesn't expand under pressure and it doesn't deteriorate with age. It also resists high temperatures and is chemically inert, so it's compatible with all brake fluids.

Here are the applications....

1987-88 M-5/M-6
1990-91.4 318 E30
1987.5-91.4 325 E30
1991.11-95+ 318 E36
1991.5-95+ 325 E36
1995+ M-3 E36

Come on people, for the price I'm selling them for it's a steal! They retail for over $200.

Bry

Autotechnica
05-14-2004, 04:52 PM
Price is now $150CDN + tax. No further discounts.

Bryan

Predator_e36
05-15-2004, 06:04 AM
i would like to have them too

thinair
05-15-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Autotechnica
For those of you who do not know what SS lines are. The actual lines are NOT made of stainless steel. This is a misconception.

The lines are made of Teflon whereas the stock lines are made of rubber. The stainless steel is simply there as a "shield" to protect the teflon.

Teflon has a number of advantages over rubber. It doesn't expand under pressure and it doesn't deteriorate with age. It also resists high temperatures and is chemically inert, so it's compatible with all brake fluids.

You totally lost me on this one Bryan. Stainless steel lines means that the outer casing is braided stainless steel wire. That is what prevents the expension of the line, not the teflon or rubber inner line. It is not mearly a shield, if it was the stock rubber lines do a pretty good job of shielding stuff without the SS braid.

That said, teflon does expand, just like rubber, make a thin teflon line with nothing on the outside, and run 500psi into it, watch what happens, it blows up, which is why were is the stainless steel braid on the outside.

Autotechnica
05-15-2004, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by thinair
You totally lost me on this one Bryan. Stainless steel lines means that the outer casing is braided stainless steel wire. That is what prevents the expension of the line, not the teflon or rubber inner line. It is not mearly a shield, if it was the stock rubber lines do a pretty good job of shielding stuff without the SS braid.

That said, teflon does expand, just like rubber, make a thin teflon line with nothing on the outside, and run 500psi into it, watch what happens, it blows up, which is why were is the stainless steel braid on the outside.

Actually, the stainless steel is simply there just to protect the teflon lines. Teflon is actually very brittle. Although it can withstand high temperatures and it never degrades, having an exposed teflon line won't last you a day.

thinair
05-15-2004, 03:58 PM
Actually, the stainless steel is simply there just to protect the teflon lines. Teflon is actually very brittle. Although it can withstand high temperatures and it never degrades, having an exposed teflon line won't last you a day.

I run SS lines on my bike, I've seen what they look like inside (when I trimmed the line down). The inner liner isn't brittle at all, it's actually very plyable. The braided stainless steel casing is what keeps the line from expanding, trust me on this one. The lines are made of rubber, or some polymer, and teflon coated.

That said, i might still be interested in a set, what is the difference between the M3 and 328 set for e36? The front line length?

And you don't know who manufacturers them?

Autotechnica
05-15-2004, 06:20 PM
I run SS lines on my bike, I've seen what they look like inside (when I trimmed the line down). The inner liner isn't brittle at all, it's actually very plyable. The braided stainless steel casing is what keeps the line from expanding, trust me on this one. The lines are made of rubber, or some polymer, and teflon coated.

That said, i might still be interested in a set, what is the difference between the M3 and 328 set for e36? The front line length?

And you don't know who manufacturers them?

As far as I know inside SS lines were made of teflon, they use to be called "armoured teflon brake lines" and were sometimes lined with Kevlar rather than SS. You have more experience with SS brake lines obviously so I'm not going to argue with you. But the people I buy these things from explained it to me very carefully. Perhaps these lines are made differently? I know that rubber lines are actually more durable than Teflon lines, that's why Teflon lines require the SS protection. If the SS is simply there to reduce the teflon from expanding, why not just use SS with a stock rubber line instead? Just curious.

Anyways, they are made by Techna fit, a US company and they are DOT approved. $150 + tax. I only have about 3 more left. The others are spoken for.

All the models I listed in my previous post have the same part numbers so these SS brake lines will fit all those models.

Thanks,

Bry

T-spec
05-15-2004, 06:29 PM
[i]Anyways, they are made by Techna fit, a US company and they are DOT approved. $150 + tax. I only have about 3 more left. The others are spoken for.

Thanks,

Bry [/B]

I will take a set for $150+tax, just let me know when I can pick them up.

Autotechnica
05-15-2004, 06:34 PM
Lets make a list, this is too confusing...

I'm going to Etobicoke (Chucks) on Monday to drop off some brake lines, if anyone is in the area let me know and I can give them to you then.

raffa
T-spec
e36=m3square (please confirm)
thinair (maybe)

3 sets left.

Thanks,

Bryan

thinair
05-15-2004, 06:35 PM
I know that rubber lines are actually more durable than Teflon lines, that's why Teflon lines require the SS protection. If the SS is simply there to reduce the teflon from expanding, why not just use SS with a stock rubber line instead? Just curious.

The reason that they don't use braided SS on stock rubber line is because it's expensive, so they just use really thick rubber lines, which is way cheaper to manufacture.

Many braided SS lines also have a vinyl/rubber/polymer layer over the steel braiding to keep dust/dirt from getting under the braid and abraiding against the thin inner line. Do these?

Autotechnica
05-15-2004, 06:37 PM
The reason that they don't use braided SS on stock rubber line is because it's expensive, so they just use really thick rubber lines, which is way cheaper to manufacture.

Many braided SS lines also have a vinyl/rubber/polymer layer over the steel braiding to keep dust/dirt from getting under the braid and abraiding against the thin inner line. Do these?

There's no layer over the SS lines. I'm getting some plastic tubing and I'm going to encase them myself.

Bry

Autotechnica
05-16-2004, 12:45 AM
Sorry guys, the whole box was sold to Raven.

I'll see if I can get more next week.

Thanks,

Bry

punnzzells
05-18-2004, 04:32 AM
F RAVEN!!

:D

mike.