PDA

View Full Version : GLASS Sunroof...

Skimeister
05-13-2004, 04:03 AM
I am looking to replace my sunroof with a glass one. Is it possible ? I heard some E30's came with OEM glass sunroofs. Anyone has any ideas where can I order one, or maybe get a custom one done ? where should I begin ... bodyshops ? auto-glass shops ?
Cheers !

Spaz
05-13-2004, 08:44 AM
yea some RARE e30's have them....come up on ebay every so offen, but good luck finding one, those are stupid rare and expensive.

Skunk#1
05-13-2004, 06:41 PM
i picked one up from the dealer that had one in the back since the early 90's, it only cost me $15 plus tax. the sliding headliner cover that allows you to "cover" it so as not to be open all the time was a little expensive. mine adapted to the electric sunroof motor, but they said some of them had to convert to the manual sunrrof. call around to bimmer dealers in the states one might have one they couldnt sell. like i said they had this one and just basically gave it to me. the inner cover thing was about $45 and the seal kit was around $25. also try ebay, but make sure it is a bmw one, becausee the aftermarket ones leak after about a month.

Spaz
05-14-2004, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Skunk#1
i picked one up from the dealer that had one in the back since the early 90's, it only cost me $15 plus tax. the sliding headliner cover that allows you to "cover" it so as not to be open all the time was a little expensive. mine adapted to the electric sunroof motor, but they said some of them had to convert to the manual sunrrof. call around to bimmer dealers in the states one might have one they couldnt sell. like i said they had this one and just basically gave it to me. the inner cover thing was about $45 and the seal kit was around $25. also try ebay, but make sure it is a bmw one, becausee the aftermarket ones leak after about a month.

are yout talking about the sunroof panel or the shield or air defecter at the front???

Skimeister
05-14-2004, 10:46 PM
Skunk#1; would you happen to know the part number for that sunroof ? I'm going to call around the dealers and it will make it much easier if I know the part number...

Thanks !