PDA

View Full Version : hmmmmmmm.........i think.........MTRD got a new car.......

Mr seville
06-08-2002, 10:01 PM
MTRD got a new car.......*th-up* :D

Autotechnica
06-08-2002, 10:06 PM
Yep I sure did!! I was going to wait till I got it all waxed up and install my M3 kit and springs before I showed you guys any pics. This pic is simply from the dealer I got it from. Its a 1994 318i, comes with some Dinan stuff and a LWT rear wing, pretty cool. Now I am a BMW member again!!! yeY!

Pic at bottom of my SIG.

Bryan

KIRASIR
06-08-2002, 10:15 PM
congrads.

Looks too much stock though. :D

SL

Autotechnica
06-08-2002, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by KIRASIR
congrads.

Looks too much stock though. :D

SL

Don't really like to buy modified cars, if you know what I mean. Stock is the way I like it if I want a used car, don't want some stupid punk ass kid to mess up the car, rather have some older guy who drove the car responsibly.

Bryan

BLACKKNIGHT
06-09-2002, 01:07 AM
congrats on the car*th-up*

Gamite
06-09-2002, 02:07 AM
Yeah, its best not to buy modified cars..

Bryan. looks good, the ride felt solid during the test drive.

Furious
06-09-2002, 04:06 AM
hey bryan congrats on the new ride,,hope to see it in action soon,,,*th-up*

KIRASIR
06-09-2002, 10:30 AM
Personally I wouldn't touch a modified car as well. What I meant was that you have to get "fix" that stock look. ;)

Serge

Originally posted by MTRD

Don't really like to buy modified cars, if you know what I mean. Stock is the way I like it if I want a used car, don't want some stupid punk ass kid to mess up the car, rather have some older guy who drove the car responsibly.

Bryan

Bliss
06-09-2002, 10:43 AM
Heeey! congrats Bryan!*par-t* What kind of Dinan stuff is on it?

M-POSING
06-09-2002, 11:24 AM
Hey congrats Bryan...glad to see u back and rolling again with us!!!
*th-up*

EMPOWERD
06-09-2002, 11:34 AM
Congrats Bryan! welcome back to the board:rolleyes: Why didn't you get a 6-cyl?

Originally posted by Gamite
Yeah, its best not to buy modified cars..

Yeah, ask Rob about that one...

Autotechnica
06-09-2002, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by empowerd
Congrats Bryan! welcome back to the board:rolleyes: Why didn't you get a 6-cyl?

I dunno, after test driving quite a few 325's I felt the power wasn't that much greater than my 318. Sure it had more low end torque and it was more confortable to drive in the city, but the car lacked high end and it felt more and more like I was driving a mercedies. Not to diss any 325's here, but I just felt it wasn't worth the extra few K's to get the 325. Also, I felt the extra weight in the front of the car which during the test drive I felt more oversteer, could be my imagination but the car did "feel" a lot heavier. Stock form, I was more impressed with the 318. I know that the M50 engine is very capable, also, all the 94-96 325's I've looked at (around 10 of them) all had oil leaks! Whats up with that? Charlie (bimmersport) says that 325's usually have oil leaks around 140K? Is that true?

Bryan

bimmersport
06-09-2002, 05:12 PM
Hey Bryan, you couldn't wait huh, had to go back and get that 318! It's a nice car, though.....a lot better than that beat up Montreal 325 that we test drove the same night. (Although I would've waited to find a 325).

CONGRATS!!!*th-up*

It's gonna look much better once you're done with it!;)

MP328
06-09-2002, 06:07 PM
congrtas bryan. did the money from the insurance cover the new car or you had to put some money on top?

can u use any of the stuff from the old car to mod that one

mogie
06-10-2002, 11:54 AM
Great ur back- but definatley would have got a 325.........or even a 320........lacking on the highway???????:eek: You must be kidding.....Just ask Maciek he knows- too bad you weren't with us at Wasaga- then you'll understand what I mean.

But none the less congrat's *th-up*

Autotechnica
06-10-2002, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by mogie
Great ur back- but definatley would have got a 325.........or even a 320........lacking on the highway???????:eek: You must be kidding.....Just ask Maciek he knows- too bad you weren't with us at Wasaga- then you'll understand what I mean.

But none the less congrat's *th-up*

Jerry,

The ones I test drove might have had messed up engines, but the only car w/ a good 325 engine was a '92 non VANOS which felt the quickest compared to the rest of the VANOS 325's I tested (all 5 speed), hmmm.. must be something wrong there.

Dunno about 320 though, 318's have a greater power to weight ratio and the 320 doesn't have that much more power. I just found way too many shabby 325's, so even if I wanted a 325 I couldn't find any good ones. I would be paying $17,000 or more for decent ones, can't afford that.

Bryan

Gamite
06-10-2002, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by MTRD

Jerry,

The ones I test drove might have had messed up engines, but the only car w/ a good 325 engine was a '92 non VANOS which felt the quickest compared to the rest of the VANOS 325's I tested (all 5 speed), hmmm.. must be something wrong there.

Dunno about 320 though, 318's have a greater power to weight ratio and the 320 doesn't have that much more power. I just found way too many shabby 325's, so even if I wanted a 325 I couldn't find any good ones. I would be paying $17,000 or more for decent ones, can't afford that.

Bryan

I agree on the 320 with bryan, the engine weight is too heavy for its power.

Phantom
06-10-2002, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Gamite

I agree on the 320 with bryan, the engine weight is too heavy for its power.

Wow !!Congratulations Brian

That said, I think everyone will be partial to what they drive. Just as 325ers/328ers/5ers/7ers...etc will swear by their cars, Brian's used to the feel of the 318i. Nothing wrong with that. I will swear by my 320i as will Razkal320i and Harry. All a matter of affordability, choice, and/or what works for you........:)

Razkal
06-10-2002, 11:00 PM
Maybe I am getting old or something, but I find the power of my 320i just fine. It does what I want it to do. I have been in a 328 and I do know the difference but I am happy with mine.

I have added a K&N Filter this weekend and I noticed abit of difference going to work this morning...

Autotechnica
06-10-2002, 11:05 PM
I hope you 320 guys didn't think I was being too harsh. I wasn't dissing the 320. I was just responding to what Jerry said about how I should have got a 320 and I would have felt the difference. I'm just saying that the 318 and 320 is more or less matched performance wise, weight is a different story. The 320's weight more or less makes up for the extra HP when compared to the 318. I was also looking around for 320 mods, seems very hard to find mods for that car. Another thing I considered when purchasing a car.

Bryan

Foc us
06-11-2002, 03:46 PM
Well, everyone loves their ride and they got their own point, that's why they started this forum. Anyways, my point is the I4 has much more burst in power and the I6 will be a lot linear in the power curve which was built mainly for comfort. Potentially the I6 will be have much more gain in performance but the I4 is a much easier car to handle and easier to modify, it all depends on one's own perspective.
you guys have to remember the old days when the 325I was dissed in a comercial by a Volvo T5, that's why BMW have to come out with a 328 just to keep up with the "The Ultimate Driving Machine" banner, and with MTRD's budget, he can't afford the 328 and he really liked the power burst of the I4, so if he's happy about it, then why bother arguing between a 4 or a 6. Plus, if he wants cheapie power, he could always go for the VW VR6, those things can give you 80% of it's torque at 2000 rpm and believe me, they can beat tonnes of I6 on any given day, just that it doesn't turn as well............