PDA

View Full Version : 914/928 conversion (first firing!)

AluminumPork
05-09-2004, 04:48 PM
-1980 Eurospec S Porsche 914

with a 928 motor, it's our project car with my friend Aric, Luke and the head honcho of the group, Arics' dad Rick.

This is the first time we've fired the engine and ran it for any amount of time, sadly I wasn't able to be there, but Aric took video of it and sent it to me to upload.

Porche 928 engine firing (http://www.frostyle.com/media/short_videos/engine928.MPG)

Listen to those 8 cylinders, mmmm....

We weren't able to run it any longer because the coolant system isn't complete yet. This was quite the swap.

AluminumPork
05-09-2004, 09:05 PM
oops, I spelled Porsche wrong... my bad. Couldn't edit as I'm still within the edit time limit.

kiley_sean
05-11-2004, 04:27 PM
Dear God!!!! How the hell is he going to keep traction with that beast?

We demand a follow-up video of that thing running on the streets. *love*

Thanks for the vid.

AluminumPork
05-11-2004, 08:42 PM
lol, yeah. We've talking lately about how we'll be starting in 2nd gear. Because the 914's original motor was a 4cyl with a little under 100hp the 1st gear in the tranny was built really low to give the little car as much acceleration with the little engine. But now engine power is definetly not a problem. We're taking to car down to California in June to a Porsche event/show/cruise/autocross. We'll probably have videos before then more ya though. We've still got to get the drive axles in, the coolant system finished (no radiator originally) and numerous other things before driveable.

Thanks for the response

REXPWR
05-11-2004, 09:00 PM
sounds crazy let us know what happens