PDA

View Full Version : How do I remove the back of the passenger seat?

fourstr10
05-08-2004, 10:34 PM
Yo E30 gurus,

Little help on fixing my seat.
I have a 91 318is if that matters.
The passanger seat does not fold forward to allow passengers to get into the rear of the car, when I lift the handle on the side of the seat nothing happens.
I believe that the cable in the seat that operates the seat function is possibly broken.
I would like to get in there to try and fix it, if that is in fact the problem.
The seat is in mint condition and I doubt that I can find another one at the junk yard in as good condition therefore I would like to try and fix this one. Plus I'm sure that if I can get into the back of the seat I can fix it for just a few bucks and I am sure that if I go to the junk yard to find a seat in as good as condition as this one it will cost me at least $100.
I really don't want to just start trying to rip the back of the seat off. I really don't want to accidently damage it, like break any clips that are hold the seat back in place.
If anyone has a how to on removing the back of the passenger seat I would really appreciate your input.

Thanks yo.
Matt

johnoz
05-09-2004, 03:56 AM
http://e30.bmwdiy.info/rear-seat-removal/index.html

felixthecat
05-09-2004, 04:24 AM
pull it out and look up the bottom,you should be able to see the cable and if its broken..could be the arm that locks it in on the bottom of the seat too..just from alot of use they wear out,give it a little bend and its back to normal.