PDA

View Full Version : Which Springs?

xJosHx
05-08-2004, 05:44 AM
so, im thinking about getting some springs on my car, but i dont know what kind would be good. i want some that lower the car maybe an inch or so and that handle good, but my wallet cant handle to big of a hit. any suggestions?

Mystikal
05-08-2004, 08:05 PM
H&R Sport. You'll need new dampers at the same time, go with Bilstein Sport.

ZiMMie
05-08-2004, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Mystikal
H&R Sport. You'll need new dampers at the same time, go with Bilstein Sport.

Jay its ur springs the same set that comes with the H&R CUP KIT??

Ian Sheppard
05-08-2004, 09:22 PM
I've got some Racing Dynamics ones you can have for 200

Kid
05-08-2004, 10:42 PM
I was personally gonna get the cup kit? but thats two inches... anyone have any experiance with the cup kit?

Jordan
05-08-2004, 11:08 PM
The Cup Kit will slam your car. It is not what you want. I have the cupkit on my car.

Expect to pay no less then $600(US) to properly lower your car. You cannot just install lowering springs with the factory shocks/struts as they will blow out quickly being forced to work outside the range they were designed to.

Mystikal
05-10-2004, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by ZiMMie
Jay its ur springs the same set that comes with the H&R CUP KIT??

I have Ground Control coilover sleeves with Koni SA's.

xJosHx
05-10-2004, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by Jordan
Expect to pay no less then $600(US) to properly lower your car. You cannot just install lowering springs with the factory shocks/struts as they will blow out quickly being forced to work outside the range they were designed to.

Yeah, thats what ive been told by a few people now. which makes lowering the car way out of my budget. so i dont think im gonna do it now, cuz college. thanks.

BMW BMXer
05-10-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by xJosHx
Yeah, thats what ive been told by a few people now. which makes lowering the car way out of my budget. so i dont think im gonna do it now, cuz college. thanks.

If you purchase used stuff it won't be as expesnive.

felixthecat
05-10-2004, 03:37 PM
drop your stock ones an 1.5",thats the ghetto slam.....it doesnt ride that bad actually..as long as you dont cut them or drop them too much..