PDA

View Full Version : Project E34 almost done! (lotsa pics)

Gamite
06-06-2002, 09:28 PM
Its still not done yet, I still have to put the M5 sides on.

Here's some stock, fixer up, and almost final pics.

Gamite
06-06-2002, 09:28 PM
more stock

Gamite
06-06-2002, 09:29 PM
repair to the front fender.

Gamite
06-06-2002, 09:29 PM
getting rid of some rust that was on the side, common area for E34's.

Gamite
06-06-2002, 09:30 PM
Front with M-Tech kit.

Gamite
06-06-2002, 09:31 PM
Left side with 18" Hamann HM2's Deep dish.

DaveM3
06-06-2002, 11:59 PM
Nice car! Good Job *th-up*
But the rimm hmmm.. That car is screaming for a 19" or 20"!! :D

SickFinga
06-07-2002, 12:30 AM
hohohohohhohohhohohohoh
Julian that looks SICK
now lower it, and you are the pimp

Gamite
06-07-2002, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by DaveM3
Nice car! Good Job *th-up*
But the rimm hmmm.. That car is screaming for a 19" or 20"!! :D

Yeah I hear ya, I cant believe 18"s look so small, but honestly, they look bigger in person. Probably cuz the tires arent black

Vlad, believe it or not, the car is actually lowered, I got eibach pro kits. I'm thinking H&R Cup Kit soon. Its the only thing I can use to lower it more. I'm gonna leave it for now and concentrate on other things, perhaps a new head unit.

SickFinga
06-07-2002, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Gamite

Vlad, believe it or not, the car is actually lowered, I got eibach pro kits. I'm thinking H&R Cup Kit soon. Its the only thing I can use to lower it more. I'm gonna leave it for now and concentrate on other things, perhaps a new head unit.

We want LOWER, forget about the headunit.

BMW BMXer
06-07-2002, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by SickFinga

We want LOWER, forget about the headunit.

speak for yourself!

It could go lower, but since im into car audio as well....

Nice ride

SickFinga
06-07-2002, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by BMW BMXer

speak for yourself!

It could go lower, but since im into car audio as well....

Nice ride

audio is a waste of money. For the money I spent on audio my car could be superchaged + PSS9. And the worst all stuff laying aroung not installed. So don;t waste your time, money on the audio. After you finish modding you car, start with the audio.

DaveM3
06-07-2002, 01:16 AM
It's lowered already???? :eek:
Hmmm need more lowering I guess ? :D

But it's all up to you tho? If you really like low car or not
nonetheless it's a nice car and a nice mod you have there *wave*

Gamite
06-07-2002, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by DaveM3

Yeah, thats the problem with E34's. the ride is already rock solid, the car weighs 3600 lbs, so thats a factor in lowering cars.

Spartiatis
06-07-2002, 02:23 AM
Looks awsome, what a difference*th-up* *th-up*

DaveM3
06-07-2002, 06:08 AM

WASABI
06-07-2002, 02:53 PM
I kinda had a feeling your car wasn't gonna look the same the next time I see it! I like the wheels and front spoiler !*th-up*

Love the deep dish*love* , did you get the whole car re-painted? looks real sharp !

I bet you can't wait for the Niagara cruise !;)

*wave*

The Due
06-07-2002, 04:01 PM
Alright Gamite. That looks real nice....
Congratulations *th-up*

BMW BMXer
06-07-2002, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by SickFinga

audio is a waste of money. For the money I spent on audio my car could be superchaged + PSS9. And the worst all stuff laying aroung not installed. So don;t waste your time, money on the audio. After you finish modding you car, start with the audio.

says u..

there wuz no way i was gonna deal with a tape deck with 5 1/2 crappy speakers

Autotechnica
06-07-2002, 08:57 PM
Today I drove a 325 w/ 2 huge subs and amps w/ custom urethane speaker boxes and molding. The thing weighed a tonne! No offense, the audio system sounds great and everything, but car performance wise, audio systems suck! The rear of the car was weighed down so much, the car felt slower than my previous 318 and the cornering was very Honduhish, just understeer understeer, then oversteer fish tail! It was terrible, after driving that car I don't think I would ever put large subs and amps in my car. A nice head unit and larger speakers will do just fine for me. :)

It depends what your mostly into, but if your an all show no go type of guy you bought the wrong car. Should have got something cheaper that couldn't handle for sh*t anyways.

Oh yeah, nice car Julian! *th-up* Did you paint the entire car or just wax it? Looks like you repainted the whole thing, let me know how much that costed you. I'm thinking of repainting my car also.

Bryan

Gamite
06-07-2002, 11:08 PM
Thanks guys, only some of the car is repainted, like the passenger fender and the lower part around the car. I'm thinking of taking it to a detailer to get it buffed so the paint matches all around.

thinair
06-07-2002, 11:58 PM
That actually looks pretty good, maybe I can con my parents into accidentally modding their car (at least getting rid of the 15" wheels)

Dave 325i
06-08-2002, 03:15 AM
wow!

that's a great [but subtle] difference!

Calypso red is one of the best colours, IMHO, next to royal blue metallic anyways. :)

Yeah, the wheels do look kind small in pics for 18s, but maybe it's the dish on them. Doesn't need to be lowered anymore though. Do you really want to plough snow in the winter? :P

Nice looking car! However, I think you need some new licence plate screws / plate frame, your plate looks a little ratty. Kinda detracts from the overall look, but maybe I'm just too picky.

Gamite
06-08-2002, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by Dave 325i
wow!

that's a great [but subtle] difference!

Calypso red is one of the best colours, IMHO, next to royal blue metallic anyways. :)

Yeah, the wheels do look kind small in pics for 18s, but maybe it's the dish on them. Doesn't need to be lowered anymore though. Do you really want to plough snow in the winter? :P

Nice looking car! However, I think you need some new licence plate screws / plate frame, your plate looks a little ratty. Kinda detracts from the overall look, but maybe I'm just too picky.

Thats really true, I still have to use this car during the winter. :mad: I'm still considering the H&R cup kit.

As for the lisence plate, there's nothing much I can do about it, because the way the bumper is made, it basically fits the plate Perfectly, there's no room for me to stick a plate cover on there. I was thinking of Hammering the plate flat again.

bimmersport
06-08-2002, 08:15 AM
Looking good Julian!*th-up* Finally the secret is out!:D

For some reason it doesn't look as low in those pictures...but it could go a bit lower;) !

BTW- Julian, I've got this mint white E34 for sale that could use a few mods!!!:D

Gamite
06-09-2002, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by bimmersport
BTW- Julian, I've got this mint white E34 for sale that could use a few mods!!!:D

Yeah? HRRMMM.. I wonder who's that is??? :rolleyes:

SickFinga
06-09-2002, 04:56 AM
hmmmmmm, makes me guess Charlie is getting e34 ?

Lil'Smoothie
06-10-2002, 12:14 AM
sickity sick, but dump it, I wanna see it tucking
lay some frame...

Gamite
06-10-2002, 12:14 AM
LOL, no thats my dad's car. Charlie's checking it out for me.

SickFinga
06-10-2002, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by Gamite
LOL, no thats my dad's car. Charlie's checking it out for me.

ohhh :)
so I came back to my first guess, euro m3

theblue
06-11-2002, 05:24 PM
looks really nice... but I'm still not sure if I like the eyebrows on your car...

Foc us
06-11-2002, 05:46 PM
wicked looks. it just looked like a brand new again........oh...you got mods in that car.......It's time to get a turbo or a supercharger just to match it up. Or maybe just A cam? Anyhoo....Get some decent music and you'll be enjoying your ride.

Gamite
06-12-2002, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by theblue
looks really nice... but I'm still not sure if I like the eyebrows on your car...

Yeah thats been very controversial between us E34 guys. Its probably not as clean with them on, but its definately different. I like em.

Originally posted by Foc us
wicked looks. it just looked like a brand new again........oh...you got mods in that car.......It's time to get a turbo or a supercharger just to match it up. Or maybe just A cam? Anyhoo....Get some decent music and you'll be enjoying your ride.

Yes, Denys, A CAM!.. next year perhaps, I'm almost done with this car this year.

shragon
06-12-2002, 12:51 PM
again, great job!

Gamite
06-12-2002, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by shragon
again, great job!

Thanks, again, Rob. ;)

Foc us
06-12-2002, 09:40 PM
Gamite, you need something to match the looks of your car now. Get THE cam.
P.S. if you see me, ask me the audio stuffs, since I have to know what you need and what you have to look for before you go and buy a head unit and do NOT go to Future Shop for it, those tings sucks, even in their "high end" room.

Gamite
06-12-2002, 09:47 PM
Gamite, you need something to match the looks of your car now. Get THE cam.
P.S. if you see me, ask me the audio stuffs, since I have to know what you need and what you have to look for before you go and buy a head unit and do NOT go to Future Shop for it, those tings sucks, even in their "high end" room.

Yeah, THE cam.. gotcha. hehe.

Foc us
06-12-2002, 09:53 PM
hey, I'm arguing with the E46 guy, wanna join??

Foc us
06-12-2002, 10:00 PM
Well anyways, after the rims and tires, your car should be quite heavy. That's why you should get something to counter it.

Razkal
06-12-2002, 10:55 PM
Your car looks amazing Julien!

The funny thing is that the 18"s on your ride look like 17"s. But it still looks sic!

Gamite
06-14-2002, 12:27 AM
Well anyways, after the rims and tires, your car should be quite heavy. That's why you should get something to counter it.

I know, but I gotta deal with it for now. Head work and cams next year.

Thanks Razkal.

Phantom
06-15-2002, 10:34 PM
I'm all shades of green with envvvvvyyyyyyyy!!!! Very nicely done.........*th-up* Whats the ride like with those wheels??

Jon@Bimmersport
06-16-2002, 12:04 AM
sick ride, but i dont like the eyelids too much...the rims r amazing! and yea Foc us is rite, dont go to futureshop but still...their subs ARE good...well the high end 1s...or so they say. but trust me...u can get really good sound for normal use with their products.

ps by saying normal i mean letting ppl 15 cars ahead of u know wat ur listening to...ask any1 whos been in my cuzins car, the system is nice

Gamite
06-16-2002, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Phantom
I'm all shades of green with envvvvvyyyyyyyy!!!! Very nicely done.........*th-up* Whats the ride like with those wheels??

Thx bro, The ride is a bit harder but its real smooth on the highway.

The eyelids were on the car before this body work was done. Personal Choice, no one has them, n I like how they look.

SickFinga
06-16-2002, 02:20 PM
eyelids are nice, and car is so much nicer with those rims

*th-up* *th-up* *th-up* *th-up*

Gamite
06-17-2002, 02:20 AM
Thanks Vlad, got a close up look today eh? I was afriad you were gonna find something wrong.

mogie
06-19-2002, 10:56 PM
Hmmmm Julien forget the stereo get 20"s.........hahahaha
THEN SLAM!!!!!!!

Gamite
06-19-2002, 11:42 PM
hah, when I manage to stuff those 20"s under there, it WILL be slammed. Too bad I wont be able to turn or get out of my driveway to say the least.

Krim 325I
06-20-2002, 12:43 AM
Wow , man i just LOVE your car, when my E30 is finish (tuned like i want it to be ) i am buying a E34 that is for sure, when tuned right, i think the e34 can be the best looking bmw ever made, and your car just prove to me im not wrong :D *th-up*

Bill Gates
06-20-2002, 01:12 AM
wow, what a transformation. the lip, eyelids, and rims look awesome... excellent choices on the hopups! *th-up*